is there..?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
muse-ic

is there..?

Post by muse-ic »

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, if not then I apologise.

But, after a forum conversion, is there a way to force users to fill-in 'required' profile fields, the first time the log-in to the new style board?

HBChronox

Re: is there..?

Post by HBChronox »

No, I think there is no function to force users to refill some profile fields.
You'll probably have to instruct them to do that.

The only function to force users to do something is to force them to change their passwords every X days.

marosell

Post by marosell »

however, if you make a custom profile field mandatory, the next time the edit their profile, they won't be able to change\save anything without filling it in the other fields. if they want to change something, they won't have a choice.

muse-ic

Post by muse-ic »

^ ah, ok

but no way of forcing users to update their profiles?

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

That kind of sucks. That would be a very useful feature.

I would expect a mod to come out shortly after release for something as simple as that.
Dennis Robinson