making a global announcment

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
coffeechika

making a global announcment

Post by coffeechika »

hi, sorry i have probably put this in the wrong section..

i am testing out phpbb3 beta 5 and would like to give my current users the chance to test out the script, i want to make a global announcment like the one that is on this forum:
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and it's place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!

i want to make clear that the site is not to be used as a live environment, no new topics are to be made and its just there for testing purposes...

does anyone know how to do this?

Nicholas the Italian

Re: making a global announcment

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

I guess you have to edit the template, it isn't a phpBB feature AFAIK.
PS: global announcements are another thing. Maybe you want them?

FISKER_Q

Post by FISKER_Q »

coffeechika wrote: hi, sorry i have probably put this in the wrong section..

i am testing out phpbb3 beta 5 and would like to give my current users the chance to test out the script, i want to make a global announcment like the one that is on this forum:
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and it's place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, etc. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!

i want to make clear that the site is not to be used as a live environment, no new topics are to be made and its just there for testing purposes...

does anyone know how to do this?

The yellow box you see in the top with "Forum rules" is a feature to list or to link the forum rules on the current forum, not a global announcement :P

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Global announcement and the Forum rules are as different as chalk and cheese.

Forum rules: You don't have to edit anything. Go in ACP to the edit page the forums you want, and simly write something in the textfield "Forum rules". ;) But you can't define them right in the forum.
:D
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

coffeechika

Post by coffeechika »

thanks everyone, got this sorted too..
ive decided to copy the code and manually place it into overall_headder as i can difine the bold red text.

thanks for all your support

Case

Post by Case »

You can do that in the ACP.