phpBB3 Beta 5 Discussion!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DBM

Re: phpBB3 Beta 5 Discussion!

Post by DBM »

Not tried it yet, as I have to go out to work in a moment.

Can the converter be set to put the phpbb3 tables in a separate database? I'd rather have a separate test version of the board in a separate folder for now, especially since I'm using mod-rewrite on my live board for 'friendly' URLs.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

DBM wrote: Can the converter be set to put the phpbb3 tables in a separate database? I'd rather have a separate test version of the board in a separate folder for now, especially since I'm using mod-rewrite on my live board for 'friendly' URLs.

Separate database, no. Separate tables within the same db, of course! that's the way it works. Also, you can (should/must) place phpBB3 files in a different folder than phpBB2.

Miyu

Post by Miyu »

Filling table B5_posts:

skip_rows = 0:

skip_rows = 2000:
170 rows/s (2000 rows) |

skip_rows = 4000:
177 rows/s (2000 rows) |

skip_rows = 6000:
177 rows/s (2000 rows) |

is that suppose to be good or bad? o_O?

dhn

Post by dhn »

Miyu wrote: is that suppose to be good or bad? o_O?

Good, it is processing 2000 rows at a time (so the script doesn't time out and there is enough memory available to the script).

So, each new message tells you that another 2000 rows have been converted successfully and we are at a total of so and so rows. The "170 rows/s" (as in 170 rows per second) just tells you how fast the script was to process these 2000 rows.

If someone feels strong enough to make this clearer (as in using a more descriptive text instead of variable display), please add a bug to the tracker. ;)

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

dhn wrote: If someone feels strong enough to make this clearer (as in using a more descriptive text instead of variable display), please add a bug to the tracker. ;)

Is it possible to make something a little more sophisticated, like a progress bar, or just something that says "XX% completed"?
The total number of posts to be handled should be retrievable from old tables, isn't it?

muse-ic

Post by muse-ic »

^ that would be god

Miyu

Post by Miyu »

looks like chinese big-5 can't convert correctly yet :(

the whole process was done correctly, but just can't read what was encoded in big-5 chinese code ...

dhn

Post by dhn »

Miyu wrote: looks like chinese big-5 can't convert correctly yet :(

the whole process was done correctly, but just can't read what was encoded in big-5 chinese code ...

Report this as a bug please.

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

Miyu wrote: looks like chinese big-5 can't convert correctly yet :(

Please report this problem to the bug tracker http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/ so we can solve it, thanks!

Fury

Post by Fury »

Just installed the "Changed files only" patch to 5 different forums all on different providers and converted flawlessly. Great work guys..! ;)