B4 still at work?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jumborex

B4 still at work?

Post by jumborex »

I see beta 4 up for a real long time now: I imagine that is not yet time for a B5 release.
In this case I would ask to developers and testers:
MennoniteHobbit wrote: Due to the massive code overhaul between phpBB2 and phpBB3, MODs written for phpBB2 will not work with phpBB3. We cannot advise that MOD authors start creating or porting their MODs for phpBB3 until RC1 is released (since you may end up needing to redo large portions of your work); however, taking an early start might help immensely with the effort to locate any remaining bugs, and help you become more familiar with the code.

As per the language, activated with this B4 version... nobody thinks it would be time for some MOD working?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

BondGamer

Re: B4 still at work?

Post by BondGamer »

At this point, most changes are minor bug fixes. You can start creating MODs anytime you wish, just don't expect the code base to remain as stable as it would be after release candidate status. Also there is no support for modifications or modded installs of Olympus. So you are completely on your own for the time being.

lotsahair2

Post by lotsahair2 »

i think he got that and was asking as a general policy for modders, ie sort of saying officially it's time to MOD.
but what do i know, i don't program.
so i think i'll shut up:)

cheers

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

And just to give you some idea... with each Beta, many of our MODs have had to be updated because of changed functions, new functions, or renamed functions. Even found some between Beta4 and CVS, so even if you start creating MODs, there is a high probability you'll have to rework them by Gold release.