So what kinds of mods have you guys made for Olympus?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
asinshesq

Re: So what kinds of mods have you guys made for Olympus?

Post by asinshesq »

I just posted a new topic called tips for phpbb3 modders here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26837

Any additions or corrections to what I've said there would of course be welcome.
Alan

Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg »

good to see people working on mods their is alot of mods i want on my phpbb3 before i upgrade my phpbb2 board looks like i wont have to wait long for them

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Post by Paul »

Just being today busy with developing the style of one of my sites as phpBB3 template, header/footer is done, only need to make the colors some more fitting the rest of the site.

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Well I just started on a little mod of my own...

Video Album thingy... (not thought of another name other than Video Album yet)

As I'm coding this on my own server at home (so have full access to everything needed) it may have difficulties on some pre-paid hosts or free hosts, as I'm using ffmpeg to convert the uploaded video to .FLV streams.

But when I say 'just' started, I mean I literally just started it about an hour ago... so far just simple MySQL tables are present, to handle the files, a very VERY simple upload script with no permissions, and ability to upload upto 10mb files 'so far' but this is just me messing about for now getting used to things...

This may take 'some' time to get a working Beta or even just something which works how I like available...

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I finished a quick edit (AJAX inline post editor) about 2 weeks ago :)
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Handyman wrote: I finished a quick edit (AJAX inline post editor) about 2 weeks ago :)

Version 0.1.0? What kind of version is that? :P

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

I just finished porting over my tabulated survey at topic head mod. If I have time, I'll try to upload it to my server this evening in case anyone wants to test it out.
Alan

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

have customized the WIO, stats and B-days to fit in one nice "tabular" table Less cluttered
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Handyman wrote: I finished a quick edit (AJAX inline post editor) about 2 weeks ago :)

Version 0.1.0? What kind of version is that? :P

That just means that it's working perfectly… not bugs have been found… but I plan on adding some features to it before I go 1.0.0 :P
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

I just finished writing a beta verison of my tabulated survey at topic head mod. If you want to try the beta, here's a copy: [Removed]

In some ways this version is better than my original mod; for example, surveys now appear in preview mode, and wide surveys with lots of questions that appear in viewtopic get their own horizontal scroll bars rather than stretching out the rest of the viewtopic page.

Unlike the Olympus treatment of polls and attachments in drafts, I added code that ensures you can build a survey in a post and save the post as a draft and the survey will then be saved with the draft.

Anyway, it all seems to work fine. If anyone tries this and finds bugs, please let me know.
Last edited by SHS` on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tsk.
Alan