phpBB2 -> phpBB3 Upgrade Script Discussion

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Balint

Re: phpBB2 -> phpBB3 Upgrade Script Discussion

Post by Balint »

matt1206 wrote: Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again.
» Specified source path was ../forum

Now, I've got the both the new phpBB3 folder and the original forums folder in the same directory:

Code: Select all

[root@www httpdocs]# ls -al
drwxr-x---  15 matt1206a psaserv    4096 Apr 15 10:44 .
drwxr-xr-x  14 root      root       4096 Apr 15 09:21 ..
drwxr-xr-x  17 root      root       4096 Apr 15 10:12 forums
drwxr-xr-x  14 root      root       4096 Apr 15 10:44 phpBB3

Maybe you are just missing an s at the end of "forum"?

Greets,
Bálint
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Robert A. Heinlein

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

Are both phpbb in the same database? If not then the forum migration will not work.
matt1206 wrote: I seem to be having some problems testing the update script on the latest CVS....

phpBB3-CVS_2007-04-14.tar.gz
So, I've got the vanilla phpBB3 working fine, so when I try converting the old install, I keep getting the following error:

Could not find path to your former forum. Please check your settings and try again.
» Specified source path was ../forum

Now, I've got the both the new phpBB3 folder and the original forums folder in the same directory:

[root@www httpdocs]# ls -al
drwxr-x---  15 matt1206a psaserv    4096 Apr 15 10:44 .
drwxr-xr-x  14 root      root       4096 Apr 15 09:21 ..
drwxr-xr-x  17 root      root       4096 Apr 15 10:12 forums
drwxr-xr-x  14 root      root       4096 Apr 15 10:44 phpBB3
I've tried loads of variations for the path of the old forum, but nothing works. Could someone shed any light on this?

Cheers,

Matt

matt1206

Post by matt1206 »

MKruer wrote: Are both phpbb in the same database? If not then the forum migration will not work.

No, they were using seperate databases. I figured out the problem. It wasn't working because I un-packed the file directly on the foler, it set the owner and group to a random number. I just chownd the files, and it worked a treat.

matt1206

Post by matt1206 »

code reader wrote: one problem might be the permissions on your httpdocs directory itself.
you may want to try and run (as root) from the httpdocs

chmod a+r .
also, i would recommend to use your "root" user as little as possible :lol:

It was a permissions problem. I use the root user on the forum, as none of the web users have ssh access. Once I've done all the work, I when chown the files/folders to the correct webuser

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Which part of "CVS is not supported" (giving or receiving) do people have trouble understanding?
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

SHS` wrote: Which part of "CVS is not supported" (giving or receiving) do people have trouble understanding?

Uh, I'm guessing the not part.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"