Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Shadow Reaper

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Well when the bugs go down we should have a new release from the developers.

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

Shadow Reaper wrote: Well when the bugs go down we should have a new release from the developers.

But there are too many bugs now. Developers fix 8 bugs per day and users add new 8 bugs per day, and the like it'll be in next days (weeks)....I don't suspect RC1 very soon, soon or in next two weeks - too little developers IMO

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

boy ms wrote: But there are too many bugs now. Developers fix 8 bugs per day and users add new 8 bugs per day, and the like it'll be in next days (weeks)....I don't suspect RC1 very soon, soon or in next two weeks - too little developers IMO
I am not sure if it's too little developers. Vic was added to developer recently so there is another developer. Though there are too many bugs which I see no new release as for this week and at least next week :(

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

Shadow Reaper wrote:
boy ms wrote: But there are too many bugs now. Developers fix 8 bugs per day and users add new 8 bugs per day, and the like it'll be in next days (weeks)....I don't suspect RC1 very soon, soon or in next two weeks - too little developers IMO
I am not sure if it's too little developers. Vic was added to developer recently so there is another developer. Though there are too many bugs which I see no new release as for this week and at least next week :(

So I'm sure that phpbb has too little developers - that's reason why we wait so much. PHPBB3 is the best forum system for me, I have to wait....

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

Garrydw wrote: Topic needs to be changed from...

TO...

Re: Expecting to grow old and be admitted to a skilled nursing facility very soon!

You truly think that you're going to grow old and be admitted to a skilled nursing facility before RC-1 comes out?

For that matter, you really think there is such a thing as a skilled nursing facility still in existence? :P
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

LOL! Yeah, those are a thing of the past eh? How much skill does it really take to let an old guy sit in a hallway in his weelchair all day and stare at the wall??
yeah yeah yeah... I know... it will be ready when it's ready.

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

boy ms wrote: But there are too many bugs now. Developers fix 8 bugs per day and users add new 8 bugs per day, and the like it'll be in next days (weeks).

That's pretty much the reason. Of the 77 bugs currently open, 53 (69%) of them have been reported on or since 01 April (about five per day), 16 (21%) in March, 4 (5%) in February, 2 (2.5%) in January, and 2 (2.5%) last year. Of course, there are some duplicates in there, so it's actually a little smaller than that, but it's close enough.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Fountain of Apples wrote:
Garrydw wrote: Topic needs to be changed from...

TO...

Re: Expecting to grow old and be admitted to a skilled nursing facility very soon!

You truly think that you're going to grow old and be admitted to a skilled nursing facility before RC-1 comes out?

For that matter, you really think there is such a thing as a skilled nursing facility still in existence? :P

Yes, and no.
Yes, I think I'll grow old and be admitted to a skilled nursing facility before RC-1 comes out... (just kidding, but I am already old)
and no, I don't think there is any such thing.

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Waiting for RC1 release is kinda driving me crazy. :( :x :roll: :?

It's like we're gonna get attacked from the Martians, but when!!?? I want to defend and fight back!
hmm....

DMoran

Post by DMoran »

Right after Duke Nukem Forever hits the shelves.