Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Repent

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by Repent »

So is everyone as stoked as me about RC1?

I can't wait, this is going to be awesome!

:P

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Repent wrote: So is everyone as stoked as me about RC1?

Naw. I have the current cvs running in my test board. My testers are still skeptical, so waiting is not a problem.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

I feel that now it's more of the tidy up stuff (other then fixing annoying bugs that suvived the nukings from developers :P), so hopefully not long

DaSpyda

Post by DaSpyda »

I was wondering if they would consider a "two page" registration?

There would be a picture challenge on the first page (a pic of a very famous person in history), and an admin-configured math equation on the second...

If the bot doesn't get the pic challenge, it doesn't advance to the second.

Maybe even a "dedicated" email specification? The Registrant would be directed to establish an email account with the @yoursite.whatever suffix, with a Confirmation/activation for the dedicated email sent to their normal email addy. And then, they would use only the new, dedicated email addy to register, with the second Confirmation/activation sent to their regular email.

Sure, it's a hassle, but if they really wanted to be there, they should put in some work so they, too, could enjoy a Forum without all the crappy "visitors".

Also, the Stop Spambot Registration v1.0.2 has stopped my bots dead in their tracks...unless they were humans.

Gideon5L2F

Post by Gideon5L2F »

TimJBart wrote: phpbb.com is down for me. Any one else?

A release?! :twisted: :roll:

... 4 hours later ...
Its down for me too. (the plot thickens :| ) What dreaded plan are they hatching? :twisted:

MikeR

Post by MikeR »

They are having technical difficulties. It's been going on and off for a while now. It's not a release.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

well, who knows... they 'surprised' us with phpBB.com-prosilver, they’re liable to do anything.
Nope... I’m content. :D

Fury

Post by Fury »

I sure am.. I have been waiting for this to move away from XMB 1.9.2. and every month or so I convert the site from XMB to bb2 then to the latest bb3 snapshot just to stay familiar with the multi-step process. I have it down to a science. Once RC1 is here.. I can happily "forget" how to do this...or just help others... ;)

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

To be quite honest, I'm not looking too much into the cleaning out of the CVS snapshots. Don't they also do this when they make a major change (like the new CAPTCHA)?

Of course, I could be wrong...
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Ron2K wrote: To be quite honest, I'm not looking too much into the cleaning out of the CVS snapshots. Don't they also do this when they make a major change (like the new CAPTCHA)?

Of course, I could be wrong...
Isn't that the last major change that the development team was after?