Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DragonlordP

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by DragonlordP »

Sorry, but no way. This month, hopefully, but tonight is gone. It's 2:46 AM in Holland and Germany and 1:46 AM in the UK. And anyway, if they were to do it so soon after, they would surprise us all and do it all together.
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

haleyluv

Post by haleyluv »

Thats true did not think about that BUT I HOPE ITS SOON!!!!

dhn

Post by dhn »

Don't expect anything before next weekend. We will be quite busy with the website, and who knows how much time can be spent on RC1.

haleyluv

Post by haleyluv »

dhn wrote: Don't expect anything before next weekend. We will be quite busy with the website, and who knows how much time can be spent on RC1.

I know we are just HOPING you guys are doing a great JOB!!! Keep the good work I love phpbb It has made my life so EASY I used to use phorum then I found phpbb and installed it I will NEVER switch again!!! JUST KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

Yeah, it's all happening on weekends. Anyway, the text on "About" showed that they're expecting to have it ready before the end of the month, so I would expect RC1 next weekend or on the first weekend of April.
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

haleyluv

Post by haleyluv »

I cant wait

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

DragonlordP wrote: Yeah, it's all happening on weekends. Anyway, the text on "About" showed that they're expecting to have it ready before the end of the month, so I would expect RC1 next weekend or on the first weekend of April.

yeah but they removed that text, so that may well have been their intent, but that may not come to fruition.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Well, looks like I was correct about phpBB.com
Highway of Life wrote: It does not take more than a few days to rebuild an array, compile a new system, then restore the backups for their systems.
My theory is that they took the opportunity to go ahead and run the converter on phpBB.com and update the various portions of the site, now this could have taken a few extra days, so it’s my best guesstimate for what is taking so long.
I did not, and still do not suspect RC to come very soon (within the next week).

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

I expect it towards the end of the month. they seem to have had every intention of putting it out in march (as the about page said) and I think they still can, but depends if there is a deluge of bugs reported on the website, but I don't expect anyhing like 100 bugs or anything.

but then again, that could just be wishful thinking clouding my judgement :P

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

yes we all can hope for RC but all i have to say now is it comes when it comes (hope very soon lol)