Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
marosell

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by marosell »

lastof wrote: Oh, and it's my Birthday. I just think RC1 should be released on my Birthday. Because I'm special.

I think so too. My birthday is in July, but for some reason I'd rather have it come out on yours :D

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

marosell wrote:
lastof wrote: Oh, and it's my Birthday. I just think RC1 should be released on my Birthday. Because I'm special.

I think so too. My birthday is in July, but for some reason I'd rather have it come out on yours :D

For some reason that just seems weird.
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

Garrydw wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote: Had the server not totally failed, we wouldn't even know what prosilver looked like right now. ;)

No backup of the site? huh!? 8O

So if the server hadn't failed then RC1 would be even further off becuase we wouldn't be seeing prosilver right now and therefore, all the bugs being reported in prosilver couldn't exist yet?

Ummm..... I happy the server failed I guess :?

I'm pulling up old information since this was 2 pages back… but that's how far I had to read 8O
phpbb does have backups of their site… and more than 1… which is why all the posts were still intact after they rebuilt everything… though as John Hjorth posted, it did make me wonder if it was just smoke and mirrors to give them an opportunity to upgrade.
Though it sounded like they weren't planning on upgrading until RC1, so that very well could have been the problem.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Smoke and mirrors, well maybe the RC release is behind of what they thought it might be. Though at the same time as it's a full site redo, it could have caused problems in a number of areas. All I can say, it must be getting very close to a new release, as the only main problem is the CVS issues with proSilver. Though as for if it's another beta or not, can't really tell.

hobojjr

Post by hobojjr »

Kinda new here, so whats RC?

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

hobojjr wrote: Kinda new here, so whats RC?

Something that will drive you crazy... very very crazy!! 8O
yeah yeah yeah... I know... it will be ready when it's ready.

Mini Franki

Post by Mini Franki »

Finally i think phpbb3 rc1 release in 2 month.... Because the prosilver skin, so much more bugs appear.

I was so hurry but now i lose all. And too, i find subsilver skin better of prosilver

lodp

Post by lodp »

Garrydw wrote:

I agree. Leave before you can .. if you read a couple of pages in this thread, next thing you know you come here every day for updated rumors and bad jokes about bertie and bug-spray (sorry, guys :D )

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

lodp wrote:
Garrydw wrote:

I agree. Leave before you can .. if you read a couple of pages in this thread, next thing you know you come here every day for updated rumors and bad jokes about bertie and bug-spray (sorry, guys :D )

*lol* - but you are right ;)