Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ac_roma

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by ac_roma »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Highway of Life wrote:
ac_roma wrote: mmmmmmmmm last night i have dream dev. will realease phpbb3 in 1/6/2007 :mrgreen:

Jan 6th was over four months ago. :P

I kinda expected this reply... :roll:
Oh well, how can we expect people who still use inches and feet to have a rational ordering of dates? :P
Well, it is now 00:pm05/12.2007/12 here (guess the format), so have a nice day.

PS: where has your lion avatar gone? :(
BondGamer wrote: I saw this topic locked for a moment and it made me think RC1 was released. Guess Smithy just checked the lock topic option by accident =[

Less mushrooms, pls.

:mrgreen:

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

hopefully RC1 will be upon us soon, damn I hope so, as its been ages since the release of beta 5

madtay

Post by madtay »

I hope so too. Based on previous beta releases i would guess tomorrow (sunday) evening 8)

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

madtay wrote: I hope so too. Based on previous beta releases i would guess tomorrow (sunday) evening 8)

me too, I really hope that is true, going to have to double my legs, arms and fingers to really hope its that soon or sooner

Drew***

Post by Drew*** »

Since I messed up this thread with talk about Captcha vs. Q&A images I’d like to redeem my self by taking a guess at the introduction of RC1, and that is the 13th.

Since this will most likely be the winning entry. I’d like to announce the formation of the People Helping Protect Bertie Bears (phpbb) foundation. I’d also like to donate the entire amount of the prize money to said foundation.

Additionally should I be nominated and win the Nobel Prize for accurately predicting the release of RC1 I would like to announce that I will be donating it to the People Helping Protect Bertie Bears (phpbb) foundation.

Thanks
Drew ;)
Where would you like to go today? http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

We have information about your home http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/subscribe.php3

CardsFanInChiTown

Post by CardsFanInChiTown »

My guess is the 20th.

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

well Bertie is actually at home ? :D

by looking at the bug tracker - I also suspect RC1 very soon *yeah*

balding_ape

Post by balding_ape »

Highway of Life wrote: I believe as much of a system can be put into defeating challenge and response as CAPTCHA.
Keep in mind that as soon as something is put in as "default", every spambot programmer in the world will set about programming methods to break that method of spam prevention.
So what might be a good idea now, won’t be if it becomes the default method for phpBB3, and becomes used on thousands of boards across the world.
Neotharmic is right... they will thank you later.

For a default system, I still believe the best system IS the CAPTCHA.
If Admins want something more, they should install additional modules/MODs to protect their board.
Many small boards may not need anything extra.

I wasn't being clear enough, I suppose. I meant that the challenge/response text method (or other similar admin-configurable method) should be included in the capability of phpBB, not that it should be default. CAPTCHA is better as a default. But if CAPTCHA ends up getting broken, I can't rewrite CAPTCHA. But I *can* define a new question, or change question methodology.

There are plenty of features available to admins that only a few will take advantage of -- yet they are included in baseline and not as mods.

Ultimately, if I have to mod the forum to get this, I can install a mod, or hack it into the forum myself. I don't think this is particularly critical...just that it would be nice.

me_09

Post by me_09 »

Hope rc1 release very soon (tommorow) XD

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

51 bugs
39 review later

i hope phpbb devl. give us the gift today :)