Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
yexusbeliever

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by yexusbeliever »

I learn to have a waiting strategy for phpBB3 RC1 release. I'll gladly share it with you all.

1. Take a vacation from phpBB community. (Get a job, work harder on schoolwork, read books, make new friends, get involve in church, create a band, etc)

2. Every week only check out phpBB community once.

3. Your vacation from phpBB community will get you so involved that you do not have time to check up much on phpBB.

4. By the time you notice, phpBB3 Rc1 is released!

Wow! It is a great plan of action for a strategic waiting for the release of phpBB3 RC1.

Whaca think?
hmm....

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

You are soooo experienced, yexusbeliever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

WhiteWolfSix wrote: You are soooo experienced, yexusbeliever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

*Bow bow

Thank you thank you.

After waiting for more than 2 years for the highly expected phpBB3, I decided that I need to find a strategic plan to wait for the release of phpBB3. I can't be wasting my time coming around phpBB every single day hoping to see if phpBB3 is released.

It's like seeing your wife every day for 20hours/7days, you will be driven to insanity. So seeing phpBB3 averaging 8hours/7days, you will start demanding phpBB3 release. If you go away and come back, seeing each other once in a long awhile, you will be all lovey-dovey. phpBB3 will become your best friend again! :) :lol:
hmm....

Garrydw

Post by Garrydw »

yexusbeliever wrote: I learn to have a waiting strategy for phpBB3 RC1 release. I'll gladly share it with you all.

1. Take a vacation from phpBB community. (Get a job, work harder on schoolwork, read books, make new friends, get involve in church, create a band, etc)

3. Your vacation from phpBB community will get you so involved that you do not have time to check up much on phpBB.

Wow! It is a great plan of action for a strategic waiting for the release of phpBB3 RC1.

Whaca think?

I have a job. Actually, I would call it a career. I am not in school. I do read books. I have many friends, probably more than I need. I am extremely involved in my church and community. Start a band?? LOL.

I use phpBB 2.0 for my business, my kid’s school, our youth football league and my church. Users from all 4 forums are demanding features that are built in to phpBB 3.0. It is not me who has trouble waiting, it is the people that use the forums that don't quite understand why we don't have the features that other forums have. Contrary to popular belief, there are actually people using phpBB for something other than hobby. People who have businesses to run and customers to satisfy.

Cheers,

Garry
yeah yeah yeah... I know... it will be ready when it's ready.

EvilNui

Post by EvilNui »

yexusbeliever wrote: 2. Every week only check out phpBB community once.
8O LIES! This is not possible! It obviously denies every single physical rule mankind has found so far! :x

wizzzzzzzz

Post by wizzzzzzzz »

I know when it is going to be released :lol: in 2007 :mrgreen:

DocBoum

Post by DocBoum »

wizzzzzzzz wrote: I know when it is going to be released :lol: in 2007 :mrgreen:

Getting optimistic, aren't we? :twisted:

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

yexusbeliever wrote: I learn to have a waiting strategy for phpBB3 RC1 release. I'll gladly share it with you all.

Whaca think?

1. Not sure I could do that as a whole... (Have a job, I’m not in school, or blogs :P, I have plenty of friends, I’m involved in my Church, we already have a band.)
2. I’ve started taking that advise.
3. Well, it’s hard when you get the CVS commits to your email box every five minutes. :P
4. I’m still 8O <-- watching
wizzzzzzzz wrote: I know when it is going to be released :lol: in 2007 :mrgreen:
The question is WHAT will be released?
RC1? eeeeh... yeah... maybe it might sneak in. :D

wizzzzzzzz

Post by wizzzzzzzz »

Highway of Life wrote:
The question is WHAT will be released?
RC1? eeeeh... yeah... maybe it might sneak in. :D

Oops forgott to tell what, my painting work at the house.. :roll:

code reader

Post by code reader »

wizzzzzzzz wrote: Oops forgott to tell what, my painting work at the house.. :roll:
in this case you might consider substituting waiting for rc1 with watching the paint dry: just as captivating, and more predictable.