Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DocBoum

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by DocBoum »

boy ms wrote: I want to start with complete new board, so for me it's useless....

Sorry, I don't get it - if you start today with 2.0.22, you can use it "normally" until the lucky day Olympus goes gold. Then, you can convert your existing forum data and have everything in 3.0 - nothing will be lost in the process!

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

No offense, but it sounds to me that you are just being stubborn. Do you really want to install a board which has those new features but is really buggy? In my opinion, a forum full of bugs would drive away users, rather than a temporarily stable board with maybe a few less features (not very many, mind you), and the ability to easily update later while retaining the posts.

You should get smart and just settle for what you have now. If you want to be stubborn and complain, too bad, it's not going to change anything.
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

I agree with FOA, also it should be noted that if you have to ask if it's a good idea to run the CVS or Beta 5 live, then it's probably a bad idea for you to do so because that usually indicates that you will probably need support somewhere down the road and if you install Beta 5 or CVS now, you won't be able to get it.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

i just gotta point out this thread "Suspecting RC1 very soon!" was made in january... it's mid-late April right now...

awesome prediction! :P

haleyluv

Post by haleyluv »

We just started it for fun!

ndL

Post by ndL »

NNO-Stephen wrote: i just gotta point out this thread "Suspecting RC1 very soon!" was made in january... it's mid-late April right now...

i also wanted to post this, but i thought that it would be useless... :) great suspection! as i said in my previous post somewhere here "we will have another 2000 bugs, than we have beta6 and only after few month rc1 will be released" Chill Bro! i understand you all that everybody waits for rc1 very hard....

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

ndL wrote:
NNO-Stephen wrote: i just gotta point out this thread "Suspecting RC1 very soon!" was made in january... it's mid-late April right now...

i also wanted to post this, but i thought that it would be useless... :) great suspection! as i said in my previous post somewhere here "we will have another 2000 bugs, than we have beta6 and only after few month rc1 will be released" Chill Bro! i understand you all that everybody waits for rc1 very hard....

well yes everybody waits for rc1 very hard i know i am waiting i have been waiting and also testing and getting use to the phpbb3 sins beta1 and i registered on phpbb forums when beta2 cane out to talk about it lol

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

When we still had beta4. I don't think many thought RC1 was going to be the next version because the 2>3 converter wasn't 'out' yet. If there was a time to do such a post it was probably about a week before the raid crash when the bugs were very low.

I know some are now suggesting beta6 will be next but I still think we could get RC1. Simply because the basic guts of the software works as a forum without any problem. We've been using it here and the main site seems to run fine too. Most of the bugs now I think are little style glitches.

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Kevin Clark wrote: I don't think many thought RC1 was going to be the next version because the 2>3 converter wasn't 'out' yet. If there was a time to do such a post it was probably about a week before the raid crash when the bugs were very low.

Well, someone obviously didn't feel that way, otherwise the thread would have never been created when it was created.
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

Shadow Reaper

Re: Suspecting RC1 very very soon!

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Kevin Clark wrote: I know some are now suggesting beta6 will be next but I still think we could get RC1. Simply because the basic guts of the software works as a forum without any problem. We've been using it here and the main site seems to run fine too. Most of the bugs now I think are little style glitches.
Well looks like what ever is going to happen, RC1 or Beta6 is about to happen shortly.