Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
karlsemple

Re: Suspecting RC1 very soon!

Post by karlsemple »

boy ms wrote: Ok, I'm a bit nervous of releasing RC1, because my users wait for new forum, I'd like to install phpbb3, but I want to install RC1 - not B5. How can I tell to users when will be new forum available? I answer them still - It'll be soon, It'll be soon....and I lost a lot of them, they can't wait....
So I'm really nervous... :? :roll:

There is no release date, as per the answer to all these type of questions, it will be released when it is ready and not before ;)

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

karlsemple wrote:
boy ms wrote: Ok, I'm a bit nervous of releasing RC1, because my users wait for new forum, I'd like to install phpbb3, but I want to install RC1 - not B5. How can I tell to users when will be new forum available? I answer them still - It'll be soon, It'll be soon....and I lost a lot of them, they can't wait....

There is no release date, as per the answer to all these type of questions, it will be released when it is ready and not before ;)

I know, I don't ask after release date, but it's almost 3 months after B5 and no news (only proSilver theme).... :(

DPK

Post by DPK »

boy ms wrote:
karlsemple wrote:

I know, I don't ask after release date, but it's almost 3 months after B5 and no news (only proSilver theme).... :(

proSilver and a new main phpBB.com aren't enough for you? Don't be greedy. :D

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

DPK wrote:
boy ms wrote:
karlsemple wrote:

proSilver and a new main phpBB.com aren't enough for you? Don't be greedy. :D

I'm not greedy...
So tell me (everybody), when I install lastest CVS like my new board (I'll start with 0 posts, but my actuall board has over 130 000 posts) will it be safe? And if I will want update this CVS to RC1 (or Gold release) will be there some update script?

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

There won't be upgrade scripts from the CVS to any version.
However, as has been said before, support will only be given from installations using RC1 and onwards.

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

boy ms wrote: I'm not greedy...
So tell me (everybody), when I install lastest CVS like my new board (I'll start with 0 posts, but my actuall board has over 130 000 posts) will it be safe? And if I will want update this CVS to RC1 (or Gold release) will be there some update script?

C'mon boy, let be more patient. Don't use CVS versions for live board, just for testing. Conversion from CVS to RC1 will be with less or no support. The full support will be when you convert your phpbb2 directly to phpbb3 RC1 or Gold. So if you wanna be your board safe, don't be hurry.
Last edited by karlsemple on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no spam, and post in english only please :)
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

boy ms

Post by boy ms »

WhiteWolfSix wrote:
boy ms wrote: I'm not greedy...

C'mon boy, let be more patient. Don't use CVS versions for live board, just for testing. Conversion from CVS to RC1 will be with less or no support. The full support will be when you convert your phpbb2 directly to phpbb3 RC1 or Gold. So if you wanna be your board safe, don't be hurry.

I'm sure I'm not hurry, but this is too long time even for me...

[post in English only please :)] :(
Last edited by karlsemple on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed non english text

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

boy ms wrote: I'm sure I'm not hurry, but this is too long time even for me...

All of my users didn't know about Olympus till February 2007, even if I and my moderators were testing it since Beta1. It saved my life, otherwise I would be in similar situation as you are. It's much easier to manage just own (un)patience rather than unpatience of others.

boy ms wrote:
English only please

jj, to Ti verím.
Last edited by karlsemple on Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing the non english text ;)
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

It might be worth noting that you should be posting in English only here please ;)

Black Antitoon

Post by Black Antitoon »

DPK wrote:
boy ms wrote:proSilver and a new main phpBB.com aren't enough for you? Don't be greedy. :D
No proSilver and RC1 without proSilver now would have been better. ProSilver is NOT phpBB 3, it's a style, so why releasing and testing it as if it was a part of the board? The bug tracker contains lots of proSilver issues which should not go there. I think they should have released proSilver as a separate test version of a new style, not as a part of Olympus.