How to help in development?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
MasterThai

How to help in development?

Post by MasterThai »

Who do I need to talk to help out with working on phpbb3??

Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: How to help in development?

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

They're not really accepting new developers.

If you want to help, test phpBB3 thoroughly, report bugs, and perhaps submit a patch along with the bug so they don't have to do all of the hard work.

MasterThai

Post by MasterThai »

hmm ok thanks for the info.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

As Cap'n mentioned above, the most efficient way to assist the Development team is to test the system thoroughly, aside from that, if you have the expertise, you could also look through the code for any possible security holes that may have been missed.
All the testing might also help you get familiar with the system. It took most of us at least a Month to get very familiar with the Permissions system, if that gives you any idea to the complexity of this version over 2.0

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

And when it's released, you can write some useful mods... be active in the support forums etc and maybe one day they'll ask from you to join them. But with testing, writing mods and helping other users you'd be already being greatly involved - no need to be "in the team".
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick »

I think; that if we use Olympus we'll be helping the team. like; 'yeah, they're using it.. we didn't do it for nothing!'

I think that's the general thought of the team :)

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

Uchiha Nick wrote: I think; that if we use Olympus we'll be helping the team. like; 'yeah, they're using it.. we didn't do it for nothing!'

I think that's the general thought of the team :)

:lol: That and what the others said...!