trigger_error

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Anti.Social

trigger_error

Post by Anti.Social »

I'm just wondering in what file is this function rooted? I modified the message_die function from phpBB2 to include a 'PORTAL_ERROR' case that wouldn't kill the output of the rest of the page, but rather generate a nice looking error in place of intended content, thus keeping the original layout of the rest of the page. I wish to do the same with the trigger_error function of phpBB3, but am having an amazing amount of trouble actually finding this function in the code.

Any help appriciated, Thanks in advance.

-- Anti

Cap'n Refsmmat

Re: trigger_error

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

It's a PHP builtin function that raises a PHP error.

The actual error handler is msg_handler, in functions.php, around line 3200. It's set as PHP's error handler in common.php by using the PHP function set_error_handler().