Modding

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ChALkeR

Modding

Post by ChALkeR »

This is not a feature request, etc... This is just a feedback about modding of phpbb3.

I am working on 2 mods now. These are:

1) Chat. It works, but no moderators yet and some functions as status still are not there. It has 2 variants: ajax and frames with autoselector.
2) Photogallery. It is based on Smartor's phpbb2 one, but for phpbb3 and it will have more functions, like subcategories. The basic functionallity works. :D

I started modding before phpbb3 was stable because it was possible to create a chat without actually modifying any of phpbb files. (Just copying files to phpbb root path). I had to change the chat with the changes in phpbb, but that was not hard. The link to chat was added just as a forum link.

The same thing is for photogallery, exept one: i can not add a link to personal photogallery in user's profile without changing the langpack and template. It requires a visible field in user profile that is assigned automaticly, which user can not change and it must be depending on user_id. I don't know how to do that. If anyone has any ideas, I will be very glad.
Sorry for my bad English....

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Modding

Post by Highway of Life »

I don't fully understand what you are getting at...
It sounds like something I've done dozens of times in Olympus, but I can't be sure, as I don't fully understand your question.

BTW, you know Area51 does not support MODs at this time right?

Freelance

Re: Modding

Post by Freelance »

Highway doesn't wan't to brag,
but if you go to the site that is displayed in his signature
you might be able to find someone to help you ...
Sh*t Can Happen !!!
[Building a large project based on phpBB3 - Progress 15%]
[IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]