Authentication via Windows Logon

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
th23

Authentication via Windows Logon

Post by th23 »

Hi together,

I'm not sure if this already was discussed, but I cant find any topics about this...

What I had in mind is the authentication being done via the Windows Logon system that is used in a lot of companies. Can phpBB Auth use this information to authenticate the user?

Not sure whether this is possible with the current feature set or needs to be called a "feature request" so please handle it as a question regarding the currently implemented features... if it's not possible right now, I'm fine as well.

Thanks for any thought, comments and help
th23

profpete

Re: Authentication via Windows Logon

Post by profpete »

LDAP can talk to active directory, so you can have logging on based on windows username/password. If you wanted single sign-on (i.e. automatic authentication in an intranet situation), you'd probably need to write a mod.

archmage

Post by archmage »

i was talking about this in the beta support forums..

looks like to make this work, i'll have to enable anonymous ldap bind as Windows Server 2003 DC'S dont' allow this by default. Even then, i'm unsure if this will work well without an additional mod.

-Ben

yautja_cetanu

Post by yautja_cetanu »

I know communityserver.org does this with their forum systems. Really interested in how close phpbb3 can get to fulfilling the features of community server.