When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Evilmachine

Re: When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Post by Evilmachine »

As i remember, there were some features in the To Do list that maybe arent done yet.

Maybe the devs are working on that, before they spend one complete Weekend on Fixing bugs and sorting out the doubled posts.

Anyway. I upgraded to phpbb3 when B5 comes out. We have no Bugs discovered yet.
So everything works fine for us^
thebluebus

Post by thebluebus »

as soon as there are some decent templates made.
Or preferably, the one i use at the moment is ported across
quick5pnt0

Post by quick5pnt0 »

I was thinking of upgrading to it once RC1 came out, but I may just wait until the final release because I'd like to be able to start out with the new style that it's supposed to come with.
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Evilmachine wrote: Anyway. I upgraded to phpbb3 when B5 comes out. We have no Bugs discovered yet.
So everything works fine for us^
8O
Turn DEBUG on, and explore the far corners... I just know you'll find some. :P
Seriously, though... the system is getting more difficult to find bugs in, but they are there... they are just not as noticeable anymore. :)
Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Highway of Life wrote: Turn DEBUG on, and explore the far corners... I just know you'll find some. :P
Seriously, though... the system is getting more difficult to find bugs in, but they are there... they are just not as noticeable anymore. :)

Just reported a couple, we're now at... erm... 138 8O
cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

I will likely update next week and use B5. I know it is unsupported, but I can not wait for B6, RC1, or the final. I have been hearing "soon" for some time and it looking like "soon" is going to be lonber and longer away. Now at 142 and sky rocketing. I am not trying to push. I am just a little demoralized.
tffnguy

Post by tffnguy »

I'd go ahead and convert my main forums over, but then a lot of valuable info would be lost by the time I put them online and turn my members loose on it. The longer I had to wait the more would be lost so I'll hold off until RC1. That and any members that registered between the time it was converted and the time RC1 was released would have to register again. It just doesn't make sense to convert a long time before RC1 if you can't use it.
Plano, Texas
Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

I'm running two boards, and when I convert them depends on when styles become available.

The first board will use subSilver only, so I'll convert that one when RC1 is released. The second board uses the Solaris theme, which will apparently be ported to phpBB3, so as soon as that's done then I'll convert that board. I'm not expecting that to be done until a few weeks (months?) after phpBB3 goes final.
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.
jjack

Post by jjack »

Whenever Dreamhost makes it possible to upgrade with their one-click installs.

So I'm lazy.
Eelke

Post by Eelke »

When RC1 is released, if I finished porting my current template to phpBB3 by then. Otherwise, as soon as I've finished porting the template :)