When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Ferinos

Re: When Will YOU Upgrade to phpBB3?

Post by Ferinos »

I mean bug free so no-body can hack my forums without great difficulty, by which point I will be able to take their IP and scare the living crud outta them.

Hugo_87

Post by Hugo_87 »

jimmygoon wrote: I will the second a script comes out to migrate from phpbb2 -> phpbb3 rc?

same here :)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Yes, well, I'm building the SCARE-THE-CRUD-OUTA-YOU MOD.
It will...
Gather the IP, USer-Agent, Screen size, Operating System, of the spammer... with that information, it will access a vast network of databases to gather more information such as...
Computer Serial Number, track it via GPS spyware installed onto his computer when he visited my forum, it will then be able to access his SSN, and his phone numbers, and personal email address, after which the system will automatically call the spammer every 5 minutes with a completely different message mean to scare the living crap out of any living being.

I'm still taking feature requests, so let me know if you have more ideas.

Handyman

Post by Handyman »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Some how there is just not a smilie here that quite says it.
My phpBB3 Mods || My Mod Queue
Search Engine Friendly (SEO) URLs || Profile link on Avatar and/or Username || AJAX Chat
Display Posts Anywhere || CashMod || AJAX Quick Edit || AJAX Quick Reply

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Highway of Life wrote: Yes, well, I'm building the SCARE-THE-CRUD-OUTA-YOU MOD.
It will...
Gather the IP, USer-Agent, Screen size, Operating System, of the spammer... with that information, it will access a vast network of databases to gather more information such as...
Computer Serial Number, track it via GPS spyware installed onto his computer when he visited my forum, it will then be able to access his SSN, and his phone numbers, and personal email address, after which the system will automatically call the spammer every 5 minutes with a completely different message mean to scare the living crap out of any living being.

I'm still taking feature requests, so let me know if you have more ideas.

What about the ability to use government spy satellites to watch the spammer from above as he moves around?
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

I'll get in touch with my buddy over at the CIA, he has a level 8 clearance, so he might be able to even give me access to the infrared satellite, but I'll have to contract them... that might be available for Version 2.

With the GPS Tracking, that should wet your appetite, so right now, I'm mainly looking for different ways to scare the SHHHH out of people.

Ferinos

Post by Ferinos »

I mean scare the crap out of them in the real world pal. I ain't gonna track their IP or threaten to kill them or anything.

feaelin

Post by feaelin »

I'll be upgrading to phpBB3 using RC1, as soon as I apply a couple of mods I want in place before using phpBB3 live. :)

Gunsmith

Post by Gunsmith »

Personally, soon as RC1 hits, that's when I'm fixing to starting my use of phpBB3 in my community.
One day, I'll remember to add my actual signature and avatar. I think.

jimmygoon

Post by jimmygoon »

I take back what I said... I just did :mrgreen: