Expand outside PHPBB3 Core.. portal/framework

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
coffeechika

Expand outside PHPBB3 Core.. portal/framework

Post by coffeechika »

I want to be able to expand PHPBB outside its core structure and create pages which can be integrated into the site...
i would like to continue with a chosen template and user information but dont understand what code needs to be included in each of the additional pages..

btw i dont mean this:
Ectoman wrote: I have written several portals for phpbb (most of my sites are based off of phpbb). I have written a bit of code for v2, and it doesn't modifiy the database at all.

http://www.ajquick.com/programming/phpbb/tutorial/

You can write add ons that interact using the variables of phpBB to link the users database (for example) with a gallery script or news script.

I am going to be developing a support site once phpbb3 is in gold (starting development in RC1) and want to include a number of features such as a system where users send in their abuse survival stores and would like to have moderators approve the stores before they are automatically made public on that section of the site, are there any instruction out there to explain how to integrate this feature into the ACP?

plus this is not spam or advertising so please dont lock or delete but if anyone knows phpbb3 well enough to code this for me i would much prefer to pay someone to add new feature/mods than doing it myself as i dont know php well enough..

thanks for your time and hope to get lots of replies!!

Ectoman

Re: Expand outside PHPBB3 Core.. portal/framework

Post by Ectoman »

Hey,

My tutorial will actually work.. its for phpBB2 but phpBB3 is similar.

You can very easily expand the template system to outside of phpBB.

jimmygoon

Post by jimmygoon »

Slightly OT but is phpbb3-templating still based on smarty

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Well, a highly modified version of smarty.

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

It was *never* based on Smarty, we only used two tiny functions from it if i remember correctly. It is also stated within the source.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Just to say others looking functions _parse_is_expr, compile_tag_if & compile in includes/functions_template.php are marked as being inspired/derived from smarty.

ngungo

Post by ngungo »

Ectoman wrote: Hey,

My tutorial will actually work.. its for phpBB2 but phpBB3 is similar.

You can very easily expand the template system to outside of phpBB.

I tried the your Dynamic Sites With PHPBB, it is very nice. There is an error invalid_session when click Logout though. I guess that due to you did not include the $userdata['session_id']. If you revise the bug please let us know. Thanks!