Does Olympus support MOD packages?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
manoj

Does Olympus support MOD packages?

Post by manoj »

Hello,
When it means "Modules" in the ACP, does it mean that you can install MODs as packages as in SMF? Because that would be very cool. I heard that there is no "easyMOD" for phpBB3 yet, even though the files are in MODX format. But the SMF package installer is easier than easyMOD, so is that what Module means? I'm pretty sure it doesnt, but just clarifying...
thanks
manoj

Lastof

Re: Does Olympus support MOD packages?

Post by Lastof »

That section is for mod authors to put the configuration settings in.

There is no mod loader/installer/other fancy name in phpBB3.

Since phpBB3 is feature frozen one will not be added before release.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Modules doesn't have anything to do with MOD's (modifications). However, from my understanding, it will make it easier for MOD authors, and should result in less file edits for the user installing the MOD.
Customisations Team

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Ah, I thought he was referring to the hidden .MOD module of the ACP (assuming it is still there). I would say "That'll teach me to skim read", but unfortunately it won't.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

manoj

Post by manoj »

Waaaaiiitt..I'm lost here...
What does the /adm modules do?
I was talking about the MOD(ification) installer like in SMF, where you can just browse for the .zip file on your computer and click install..it's even easier than easyMOD because you don't have to upload anything...
thanks,
manoj

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

No, it doesn't have anything to do with that.

And you still have to upload files in SMF, or else they never appear on the server for others to use.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

manoj

Post by manoj »

Well, I was taking about their RC3...u can upload a .zip MOD file directly from the ACP...
What is a ACP Module btw?