Upgrading from phpbb3 beta 1 to beta 3?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
dino-m

Re: Upgrading from phpbb3 beta 1 to beta 3?

Post by dino-m »

But I want to keep my members and my forums! I try to copy db but doesent works :(

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

it doesnt work cos they altered alot in the db. And as you should have known that you dont use beta software in a live environment. If you did that then you are on your own.

So bad luck to you
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

It tells you on the beta announcement page, the beta download page and I think at the end of the installation, not to use it on a live forum as it is not upgradeable.

If you ignored all of those warnings you're on your own. You will either have to learn a serious amount of php and SQL to upgrade by hand yourself or you dump it all and start again with a phpbb2 forum and upgrade it with the supplied script when the RC1 or gold version comes out.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

dino-m wrote: But I want to keep my members and my forums! I try to copy db but doesent works :(
yet another example of why the Devs have repeated over and over to us, do not use the Beta live.
SHS` wrote: Stop bloddy abusing the colour BBCode...

I suddenly got the insane urge to make this post in rainbow colors. :twisted:

Self-preservation prevails... I want to live. :D :P

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Sucks for you.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

A few people are working on a script to do this...it is not official in any way(nor is it quite finished).

Give me a PM if you are interested, but be warned, it might screw up all your data if it works at all(once it is finished, it currently does not do anything yet, but it should be finished within the next week or so(once Handyman gets the UI finished all that needs to be done is some bug testing)).

I also have a 3 Beta 1 board that needs to be upgraded, and a 3 Beta 2 board that needs to be upgraded(once we get the Beta 1 to Beta 3 script working, we will work on Beta 2 to Beta 3)

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

As has been stated a few times already, there is no support for upgrading between the beta releases.

EXreaction: post something like that again and your PM rights will be removed. No support means no support, offical or not. There are very good reasons for this, and if you do not see them you're welcome to PM me to find out what they are.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です