PhpBB 3 portals

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Sega

PhpBB 3 portals

Post by Sega »

Hello everyone! PhpBB 3 is awesome! I saw like two portals already for PhpBB 3, so I wonder if you know the links to them? They just add news to the front page.

/Sega
Sega

HavocK

Re: PhpBB 3 portals

Post by HavocK »

Im working on my own ^^
Almost complete i'm just wainting for THE release ^^

Glitched

Post by Glitched »

I hope Smartor has plans to upgrade the ezPortal to work with phpBB3 cause I like using that portal.

MKruer

Post by MKruer »

I am kind of bummed that phpbb will not have any official portal for it any more. I know in the past it was considered, but was later dropped because the developers didn’t want to turn phpbb3 into a CMS. Still part of me is hopping for an official yet optional add-on that uses the phpbb3 core as its base. I just hope that when its created its done intelligently and will not make any modifications to the phpbb core DB structure.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

I have written several portals for phpbb (most of my sites are based off of phpbb). I have written a bit of code for v2, and it doesn't modifiy the database at all.

http://www.ajquick.com/programming/phpbb/tutorial/" target="_blank

You can write add ons that interact using the variables of phpBB to link the users database (for example) with a gallery script or news script.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I made a somewhat simple portal for phpBB3...

Link to the download page and links to demos of it are in my signature. ;)

friendly-art

Post by friendly-art »

Glitched wrote: I hope Smartor has plans to upgrade the ezPortal to work with phpBB3 cause I like using that portal.

He already started portalable project.

Alexis Canver

Post by Alexis Canver »

nice, and I have a portal project, but now not acp support.

Sega

Post by Sega »

Okey nice portals guys. Well the one I saw some months ago is not maybe a full portal, it was just PhpBB 3 with news posts on the front page in the same PhpBB 3 style.
Sega

HavocK

Post by HavocK »

Nice one ^^
A bit simple Keep up the good work!