PhpBB 3 portals

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: PhpBB 3 portals

Post by EXreaction »

Sega wrote: Okey nice portals guys. Well the one I saw some months ago is not maybe a full portal, it was just PhpBB 3 with news posts on the front page in the same PhpBB 3 style.

That is basically what mine is. :)

A bunch of extras are nice for some sites, but just a basic news displayer and announcements section is plenty for what I want. :)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Michaelo is making his KISS Portal for Olympus...
It is a full portal and will have options to turn blocks on or off and will have complete ACP control over every aspect of the portal.
Between now and the release of phpBB3, we (STG MOD dev Team) will be working with him to implement some features on KISS.
Some of them include Handyman's fully functional AJAX Chatbox v2 MOD, advanced stats -- including users online for past 24 hours, as well as users online for (specified time), and my SEO (Search Engine Optimization) MOD.

But for a simple portal, none can beat Exreactions. :D
Last edited by Highway of Life on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexis Canver

Post by Alexis Canver »

Kiss portal meybe like an im portal project.

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Is there an easy way to check if the user is logged in similar to v2? Or is this now the proper way to check if they are logged in now?

Code: Select all

if ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS){
//logged in
}

HavocK

Post by HavocK »

Highway of Life wrote: Michaelo is making his KISS Portal for Olympus...
It is a full portal and will have options to turn blocks on or off and will have complete ACP control over every aspect of the portal.
Between now and the release of phpBB3, we (STG MOD dev Team) will be working with him to implement some features on KISS.
Some of them include Handyman's fully functional AJAX Chatbox v2 MOD, advanced stats -- including users online for past 24 hours, as well as users online for (specified time), and my SEO (Search Engine Optimization) MOD.

But for a simple portal, none can beat Exreactions. :D

Well it still looks like a news displayer hmmmm :(
I'm just making one just using PHPBB3 session and some functions
Im using Ajax, DOM etc ...
- ACP, UCP, ... and more ohter things too much maybe (laugh)

The big problem : I'm alone :? :?
I think this will be out January or February 2007 then i'll wait for PHPBB3 RC ^^ As the mods says
:roll:
Sorry for my english ^^

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ectoman wrote: Is there an easy way to check if the user is logged in similar to v2? Or is this now the proper way to check if they are logged in now?

if ($user->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS){
//logged in
}

You mean on a new page?

First you need this(root path may need to be changed):

define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = './';
$phpEx = substr(strrchr(__FILE__, '.'), 1);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.' . $phpEx);

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup();
But otherwise, yes, you can use:

if ($this->data['user_id'] != ANONYMOUS)
To check if they are logged in. :)

PHPtest

Post by PHPtest »

Alexis Canver wrote: nice, and I have a portal project, but now not acp support.

can anyone provide a english ver of this? It's nicer then the smartor one (my opinion)

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

well i think phpbb3 should of had a Portal coz i know alot lot of people want them but i hope when rc comes out some one puts it in a mod for us all.

PHPtest

Post by PHPtest »

ya.. but no forum softwares have portals (except IPB) Not even vBulletin (which i think is over priced!) because it's a forum software not a CMS. But it would be great to have CMS support such as a bridge thing. (SMF have a bridge to popular CMS softwares (such as Joomla)).

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

bad-dj wrote: well i think phpbb3 should of had a Portal coz i know alot lot of people want them but i hope when rc comes out some one puts it in a mod for us all.

No, phpBB should never come with a portal. phpBB is a Bulletin Board system, not a CMS or anything else.

If you read some of the posts in this thread(or even in my signature) you will notice that there are quite a few portals for phpBB3 out already. ;)