When will you start using 3.0 in a live environment?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
profpete

Re: When will you start using 3.0 in a live environment?

Post by profpete »

I've taken the plunge and integrated the CVS into a site I'm currently building. Will keep up to date with the CVS checkins, and upgrade the database manually as necessary. Hopefully either B3 or RC1 will arrive before this site is launched, but if not, I'll just carry on updating from the CVS.

I must note though how impressed I am with the templating system. I have integrated the site (self-built CMS) with Olympus, without modifying a single code file - only template files. I couldn't do that with v2.

Glitched

Post by Glitched »

I will most likely go live when RC1 is out.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

I already have two boards I administrate that are on phpBB3(one is on Beta 1, the other is Beta 2).

Some time when I am not feeling lazy I will have to update the Beta 1 board...but first I have to have absolutely nothing else to do. :lol:

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

When RC1 comes out or when my 3.0 template is finished, whichever of those comes last :) I haven't started work on the template yet, but I'm planning to as soon as I finish off some other stuff. Hopefully, beta 3 will be out by that time, which I expect won't be too different from RC1 (so I won't have a lot of work in getting the template to run on it).