Big Burst of Bugs Fixed

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
alainmeyer1

Big Burst of Bugs Fixed

Post by alainmeyer1 »

It seems as though there has been a big burst of big fixing!
This morning, I checked and there were 21, now there are a mere 14! W00t.
Perhaps there is ACTUALLY a push for this weekend or next perhaps.
Check it out: http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/queryreports. ... open&prj=4" target="_blank

Well I thought I would share that with you as I am used to bugs being fixed very slowly ;)

-Alain

Rotsblok

Re: Big Burst of Bugs Fixed

Post by Rotsblok »

most were i think textual bugs. so relative easy to fix
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Yup - it will probably another 2 or 3 weeks' worth of work for UTF-8 implementation, as well as wrapping up any other relatively easy-to-fix bugs that might crop up during that timeframe before Beta 3 can come out. Following an additional one, two, or three months' worth of work for Beta 3, the Release Candidate cycle will begin, which is assuming that there won't be a Beta 4. Then, it should be another nine months' to a year's worth of work to address all of the issues in the RC releases, as well as any remaining documentation, converters, etc. All this should bring about the final, gold release of phpBB 3.0 on November 30, 2007... just as predicted.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

rivaldo wrote: Yup - it will probably another 2 or 3 weeks' worth of work for UTF-8 implementation, as well as wrapping up any other relatively easy-to-fix bugs that might crop up during that timeframe before Beta 3 can come out. Following an additional one, two, or three months' worth of work for Beta 3, the Release Candidate cycle will begin, which is assuming that there won't be a Beta 4. Then, it should be another nine months' to a year's worth of work to address all of the issues in the RC releases, as well as any remaining documentation, converters, etc. All this should bring about the final, gold release of phpBB 3.0 on November 30, 2007... just as predicted.

Unless you name is Isaac Mendez and you're high, I don't need to believe any of that. :lol:

yazerty

Post by yazerty »

What is on the todo list ? UTF-8 and bug fixes ?

shoes22

Post by shoes22 »

yazerty wrote: What is on the todo list ? UTF-8 and bug fixes ?

as of now :P
and bug fixes are always on the to-do list ;)

alainmeyer1

Post by alainmeyer1 »

Does UTF-8 really take that long?

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

alainmeyer1 wrote: Does UTF-8 really take that long?
That I don't know. It takes as long as it takes. They'll let us know when it's done, and then you can go back and figure out how long it took if you care to know at that point...

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Beta 3 this weekend.

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

well kinda doubt it, I'm still waiting for naderman to do his commits :D I found those a bit techy ones :lol: