on reg.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
muhaidib

on reg.

Post by muhaidib »

hey there, you know when someone registers for an account on a forum,,

an admin could have the options to deactivate the user untill the admin approves him/her

and now alot of spammers make usernames and i don't approve them when i get the e-mail

in the e-mail however, next to the link that says "activate the user" there should be another link that says "delete the user" if I know it's a spammer,, i don't want to delete the users one by one because that would take way too long,

just a thought

what do you guys think ?

EvilNui

Re: on reg.

Post by EvilNui »

Isn't this feature already implemented in almost every forum software?

In User Registration Settings you set Account activation to admin:

Now the admin has to approve the registrations before the user can do anything :)

If you meant this, you are at least thinking the right way, as this feature already exists and thus proves it's usefullness :D

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

no he's trying to elaborate on the feature, by making it easier to deny and delete the user account by offering a decline/delete option in the e-mail next to the approve link.

I think that's a splendid idea myself, but unfortunately for us, they're no longer accepting feature requests at this time, but that doesn't mean some evil rogue developer couldn't easily sneak it in there at some point :p

EvilNui

Post by EvilNui »

Then I'm sorry! :oops:
A Mod like this shouldn't be hard to make or at least I don't think so :)

muhaidib

Post by muhaidib »

its quite alright :D

well thats too bad,, but i checked out the prune user option in phpbb3's control panel, its really nice, i really think i can take out all those spammers with one click
Attachments
prune_user.PNG
(60.99 KiB) Downloaded 608 times

sedrikk

Post by sedrikk »

It should be really easy with the prune user feature and the find a member feature. Just search for all users in the group unnaproved members, and select all. Really nice.