What happens with the html in phpBB?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Wert

Re: What happens with the html in phpBB?

Post by Wert »

I'm curious if phpBB 3.0 will allow for embedding of youtube or google video.
Need good web hosting? I recommend Hostrocket.

Aden

Post by Aden »

Yes you will be able to use YouTube and Google Video, just use the custom bb codes.

Its very simple, i can post what you need to add if you want.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Don't even need to use the custom ones. The inbuilt flash BBCode will do just fine.

Google Video:

Youtube:

That was

Code: Select all

Google Video:

[flash=400,326]http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4233281695393999475&hl=en-GB[/flash]

Youtube:

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/eeBoHTENDp0[/flash]
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Wert

Post by Wert »

I'm sorry. But when I said "embedded" I mean "visible on the page", not just a link using the built in flash bbcode. Any way to do this?

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

Yes...

Just create a custom BB code called "youtube" and one called "googlevideo" that takes a url and then inserts it with HTML code.

By saying phpBB v3 is getting rid HTML is not exactly correct. BBcodes are replacing the use of HTML. If you want to use the embed code of HTML you just have to create a BBcode that calls for the embed HTML tag.

Wert

Post by Wert »

Ectoman wrote: Yes...

Just create a custom BB code called "youtube" and one called "googlevideo" that takes a url and then inserts it with HTML code.

By saying phpBB v3 is getting rid HTML is not exactly correct. BBcodes are replacing the use of HTML. If you want to use the embed code of HTML you just have to create a BBcode that calls for the embed HTML tag.

Ah, so if I take the embed tags and everything between them as a custom bbcode, the video should show up and run directly in the forum?

I'll need to experiment a bit and see if it'll work. :)

Ectoman

Post by Ectoman »

I have yet to expirement with custom BBcodes.

TDF

Post by TDF »

hum.. use html is easier than use custon BBCodes..
But custom BBCodes are more pratice to made.

I want to replace/modify that freak ['flash] tag.. that doesn't work as I want..

hey... What happens if I try to substitute the ['flash] tag by doing an new one with the same name?

and.. lemme test a thing.. é © ™ 7 … é (cool.. that codes doesn't seem to work..)

VinDuv

Post by VinDuv »

Wert wrote: I'm sorry. But when I said "embedded" I mean "visible on the page", not just a link using the built in flash bbcode. Any way to do this?

With the flash BBCode, users have choice to show (or not) Flash animations in the posts. Have a look to your UCP.

Wert

Post by Wert »

Ah, good answer. I didn't have it set right.

With the standard flash option, one can easily embed youtube or google video quite easily.

Just have to set the proper size and url.

Like so.

Code: Select all

[flash=480,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/NlDm86hE99M[/flash]