What about those "community coding projects?"

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
SHOwned

What about those "community coding projects?"

Post by SHOwned »

If I remember correctly there were some interesting things in those, like the events system for example. From the last I heard they were all being developed, what happened to them? Are they going to be included in the RC's? In the gold release? Have they already been included?

Thanks a bunch. I hope I am not asking a dumb question that has been answered millions of times.

Yawnster

Re: What about those "community coding projects?"

Post by Yawnster »

Yeah, it would be nice to get a little report on them if poss. maybe just if they are under active development still or not, because I would possibly like to maybe join a team, as I am now in the position to do this, whereas last Summer I was not..

Yawnster

vip

Post by vip »

at least the authentification plugin system seems to work, as I used it to create my custom plugin based on DB & LDAP plugins :)

Graham

Post by Graham »

The short answer is that none of them will be in 3.0.

The events code should feature in 3.2, the others it remains to be seen
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

vip wrote: at least the authentification plugin system seems to work, as I used it to create my custom plugin based on DB & LDAP plugins :)

I don't think the authentication plugin system was one of the community coding projects, it was planned to be in 3.0 from as long as I can remember. Correct me if I'm wrong or missing something.

vip

Post by vip »

The list in the coding projects annoucement contains an "Authentification system".

But it is included in the betas, and its behaviour is really fine for me. I hope it will not be removed in the RC ? 8O

APTX

Post by APTX »

It says "proper" before "module system". Last time I checked the current "authentication module" was a set of functions.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Ah, I see what you mean. What I get from the description in the announcement, the system they're proposing for the community project is much more a user database integration system than just a modular authentication system (authentication is just the process of checking whether a given username and password combination is valid - strictly speaking, even the user database itself is out of scope when you talk of authentication).

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

Awsome, thanks for the info. I would really have liked to have seen the events system in 3.0, but I guess I would rather see 3.0 come out first instead of waiting longer. Anyway, nice work guys! I can't wait till RC1. :D :mrgreen:

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

Graham wrote: The short answer is that none of them will be in 3.0.

The events code should feature in 3.2, the others it remains to be seen

cant wait for 3.2 then :)
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one