wysiwyg

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
AYHJA

wysiwyg

Post by AYHJA »

I am fairly impressed with what I've seen so far from phpBB3...My test board experiments have went fairly well, I am very pleased with the advancements to the ACP and the integration of what would otherwise be some very time consuming hacks into the vanilla version...

Alas, I'm sure everyone will not be satisfied, and I don't want to make this seem like I'm griping...I am VERY grateful for the chance and opportunity to use such awesome OS software, and will always support and run it any way that I can...

But is there a technical reason why a formidable WSIWYG editor was left out for making posts..? Nothing complex, but things like basic alignments, indentations, etc will remain add on hacks at this points..? With the support of so many seemingly equally trivial things added, I am just wondering about this one...Maybe the process of a whole, of what kinds of things are added and what kinds of things are left out...
http://www.AYHJA.com" target="_blank

ElbertF

Re: wysiwyg

Post by ElbertF »

It's simply unsupported by a lot of browsers, which is why it's better as a mod.

search.php?keywords=WYSIWYG

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

This will eventually be incorporated, at least based on what is visible.

This is one of the community coding projects which I believe is set for phpBB3.2. So it should get in there, just not yet.

But I do agree with you, it's a great feature, and the developers made it a community coding project out of popular demand.

AYHJA

Post by AYHJA »

Ahh, thanks for the input...

And while I don't mean anything near as in the way and in your face as forum softwares like vB do it, I mean a simple [center] would be nice...But, I'm glad to see that it's coming...

I also expected with the release of the Beta to see a hotbed of hacking activities. but none so far...As I posted earlier, I think there are so many people that have gotten cozy on their phpBB 2's, that they won't leap to the phpBB 3 format, unless it becomes VERY easy to do...Several of the more popular skinners and such have already expressed a distaste for phpBB 3, most of which I think is frustration...

I will personally move to phpBB 3, despite my being annoyed by having the default skin, lol, to take advantage of the great thins present...
http://www.AYHJA.com" target="_blank

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

well keep in mind that the current skin will not be the new "flagship" skin for phpBB 3.0 when it's released. That theme though is still secret.