Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Jens87

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Jens87 »

wow only 28 reports... :)

nice work!

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

22!!!!

Bug is less again!! :D

dhn

Post by dhn »

Gumfuzi wrote: Bug is less again!! :D

Quick, do something against it!

lodp

Post by lodp »

..wow -- just 15mins ago it was 38, 5min ago it was 28, now it's 22. at this rate we should be there in... umm ... 30min :)

seriously though, do you guys expect the bug count to go down much more before RC1?
how about the upgrade script from beta5 to RC1, any word on whether there will be one?

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

I think if there are 5/10 bugs (or less :p) and the documentation is ready and the new website is ready they will go RC!

But KUTW

But DHN how could we repport bugs if we can't find them? They are hidden now becausse they are afraid for the bug spray :mrgreen:

madtay

Post by madtay »

wowwwwwwwwww. hoping to see a RC this weekend maybe 8)

matthewf

Post by matthewf »

juuldr wrote: I think if there are 5/10 bugs (or less :p) and the documentation is ready and the new website is ready they will go RC!

But KUTW

But DHN how could we repport bugs if we can't find them? They are hidden now becausse they are afraid for the bug spray :mrgreen:

WOW the devs have been working overtime, not many bugs now, hopefully the next release is very soon, can't wait, man that bug spray sure is effective :mrgreen:

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

spring is coming soon, maybe also RC1 will grow out ;)

@dhn: it's getting more difficult to still find a bug but we will try

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Maybe you're interested in some statistics (not guaranteed to be correct).

Code: Select all

Phase   Started Reports   Fixes
Beta1    Jun 17     625     288  (56 days)
Beta2    Aug 12     561     306  (92 days)
Beta3    Nov 12     167      86  (15 days)
Beta4    Nov 27     681     352  (62 days)
Beta5    Jan 28     480     199  (39 days so far)
-------------------------------------------------
TOTAL              2514    1231  (264 days)
Open reports         22
Consider that beta3 stage was very short.
Any thought?

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: Consider that beta3 stage was very short.
Any thought?

I think that B3 was very short because we had found most of the bugs then. The vast majority of the bugs since then have been to do with the converters, which were introduced with B4 and B5, where as UTF-8, which I believe was the big change with B3, was surprisingly smooth.

On another note. Do any of you listen to Fountain of Apple's phpBBWeekly podcast*? He started it a couple of months back, but, I was very interested in a point he made last week.

There is going to be server maintenance this weekend. The last time they took the server down for maintenance was just before the Beta1 release, to get it ready, prepare it for the influx. He pointed out that this one could be to prep for RC1.

Now, all this bug quashing? The odds are stacking up. :D

*which is not affiliated or endorsed by the phpBB team**

**what? he says it every time, so, I felt I should
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"