Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
dackofdoom

Re: Bug is less,

Post by dackofdoom »

Ron2K wrote: Current statistics: 12 not reviewed, 1 reviewed, 2 to be reviewed later, 6 awaiting information, and 6 are currently being fixed (5 of those by Acyd Burn).

That gives us 27 open bugs. With 6 of them being fixed, it's soon going to be 21 (assuming no new bugs). Conclusion: bug is getting less.

I'm guessing that the team wants Beta 5 out soon...

Pretty accurate prediction! Down to 22 :)

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Hopefully, the bug count does not skyrocket again.

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

cwbullet wrote: Hopefully, the bug count does not skyrocket again.

The bug count is now a few days arround the 25, i hope next weekend it will be 15. And Naderman FIX YOUR BUGS :p (just joking i know the life of an dev isn't only working on his project (officialy :p))

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

cwbullet wrote: Hopefully, the bug count does not skyrocket again.

You jynx'd it :evil:

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Blame it one me. I am curious why there have been so many bugs this time. Most of them seem pretty trivial.

agent00shoe

Post by agent00shoe »

You guys are putting too much emphasis on bugs. 2.0 is still getting fresh bug reports all the time. Olympus will be released and it'll have bugs. It'll have bugs for years and they'll just push ahead with it. Nearly all software is constantly being debugged; it's not a deal-breaker.

gchriste

Post by gchriste »

Yes but you don't generally want to ship the software with too many known bugs :)

brucecw

Post by brucecw »

gchriste wrote: Yes but you don't generally want to ship the software with too many known bugs :)

Depends on the nature of the "bugs" - the term can cover a multitude of issues from spelling errors, formatting suggestions, and performance issues all the way up to major data corruption. Obviously you don't want to ship with many of the latter but it probably won't be a disaster if you ship with some of the former.

cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Looking through the list. I can see only minor bugs and browser specific bugs. Hopefully, they can iron them out and move to release. Then again, that is why I am no longer a computer programmer. Diagnosis and curing problems is never as easy as you would think and as I have seen with phpbb, one cure creates more problems.

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

gchriste wrote: Yes but you don't generally want to ship the software with too many known bugs :)
What is more frightening are the UNknown bugs...