Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
wintermute

Re: Bug is less,

Post by wintermute »

There has been too many code changes between RC3 and RC4. I'm afraid RC4 will create a rush of bug reports. I'm almost sure that a RC5 will be on the way before the Final, but we will see... :roll:
Greetings to everyone...

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

RC4 is about to ship :)
The version number just went up in the schema.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

wintermute wrote:There has been too many code changes between RC3 and RC4. I'm afraid RC4 will create a rush of bug reports. I'm almost sure that a RC5 will be on the way before the Final, but we will see... :roll:
Well, lot of fixes but almost all really minor ones, I don't have any precise statistic but I wouldn't expect a lot of regressions between a RC and the following one.

wintermute

Post by wintermute »

I'm not sure Nicholas. I think they made some several changes to core systems, caching and UTF-8 system, etc. But I hope you are right. :)
Greetings to everyone...

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

84 .. hmmm .. slowly but surely ;) i juz wish dhn can clear out those styling bugs (haven't seen a comit from him)*

*i'm not attacking him .. i just miss him :P he was a true spokes person for da dev team :D

Zagadka

Post by Zagadka »

Welcome to RC4...

Here's to hoping that the remaining bugs get fixed quickly! I have two projects on hold waiting for gold ;-)

Good work for the team!

Footballer

Post by Footballer »

Bug is more......I think the devs are on vacation. I hope they are getting a much needed rest.

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I have been impressed and have to commend the developers and the whole team for sticking it out and working toward Gold systematically with all the turnovers during the past months/years; great job on squeezing out the bugs, refining the features, and cleaning up the security from years past. Them taking time to buff and polish (and document plus all the many somewhat hidden, but good things behind the scenes in order to make a total package) will only make the Olympus Gold sparkle and shine even more. Admins, members, and users in the community will be proud to display their sites and phpBB is setting some nice examples and features we have longed for the past couple of years. Seeing how good it is now and will be has made the wait well worth it IMO.

marosell

Post by marosell »

^indeed!

bug is less! dropped a significant bit to 117, and there are 9 bugs "fix in progress" :D

Zircon17

Post by Zircon17 »

theres 9 bugs? what are they?