Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
rivaldo

Re: Bug is less,

Post by rivaldo »

with the exception of the pesky style install bug...
Well... how's the status of that one? Why would they want to release phpBB 3.0 as Gold if there's still a pesky bug?

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

It is fixed in the CVS tree -- and has been for almost 3 weeks.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Bug count seems to be wildly fluctuating in both directions at the moment - it was down to ~60 a day or so ago when I checked last, and now I notice it's back up to 80...

Also, I didn't notice anything marked as "fix in progress", and CVS has been rather quiet lately (although I follow the CVS progress via the statcvs page and not via the mailing list, so if there's been a lot of activity today I won't know about it until tomorrow). This tells me one of two things: either they're preparing for RC5 (I doubt that they would go gold with 80 bugs still in the tracker), or they're taking a bit of a break. The latter seems a little bit more likely to me.
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Ron,

Well, on the other hand, some kind a break perhaps could have been expected in July because of ordinary vacation period, in stead we got commit notifications like hails and 2 RCs. :) It's my perception that last week was a bit calme, but things are now on the move again. Well, about the fluctuations in the number of open tickets : It's just a level. Please take into consideration that phpBB 3.0 has a fast growing user base now, phpBB 3.0 based boards are now popping up everywhere like mushrooms. Based on that, the overall level of open tickets must be considered incredibly low right now. :P

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

And maybe they are busy with the new stylesdatabase

karlsemple

Post by karlsemple »

Realisty wrote:And maybe they are busy with the new stylesdatabase

:?: :?

Realisty

Post by Realisty »

karlsemple wrote:
Realisty wrote:And maybe they are busy with the new stylesdatabase

:?: :?
I seen several posts about it on phpbb.com about that... for example this was posted on august 20:
Greenweaver wrote: As for the time it takes a style to be validated, yes it can vary depending on the team requirements at the time and of course on how many styles have been submitted for validation. As we have mentioned numerous times also, we are implementing a new feature to phpBB.com which is the ability to control all your styles and/or MODs from the one location where you can also track styles by the following options:
* Most popular
* phpBB Version
* Author
* Component
* Category
* Color
This is still under development, but will make a massive difference when it is up and running. The comment of not submitting styles for validation is laughable, gold has not even been released yet and there is already a fuss about styles being released. Have patience, we are all pushing forward to improve the experience here at phpBB.com and when we get there the wait will have been worth it.
That's why i assume that maybe the devs are working on that :oops:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

I would think that's the website devs, not the phpBB3 devs.
Summer hols seems a likely (and worthwhile - they deserve it) reason for the slowdown in commits at the moment.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Paul (neé Paul999), a member of the MOD team has written most of the MOD/Styles database.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Code: Select all

! INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('version', '3.0.RC5');
:)