Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ac_roma

Re: Bug is less,

Post by ac_roma »

Acyd Burn wrote:
Lastof wrote: Yeah, but Acyd hasn't been to work all week (I presume).

I was at work the whole week. Today is the first day off. I am mostly at work. ;)

i hope now WhiteWolfSix know why i call him acyed

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

ndL wrote: release rc1 and you are free to go off for few days.

naive :mrgreen:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

lodp

Post by lodp »

ndL wrote:
Acyd Burn wrote:

I was at work the whole week. Today is the first day off. I am mostly at work. ;)

release rc1 and you are free to go off for few days.

sounds like Acyd Burn's boss posting there ;)

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix »

ac_roma wrote:
Acyd Burn wrote:

i hope now WhiteWolfSix know why i call him acyed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

WhiteWolfSix wrote: List of guys for shooting: :twisted:
  • dark/Rain
  • Highway of Life
  • John Hjorth
  • Lastof

:lol:
Acyd Burn wrote: I was at work the whole week. Today is the first day off. I am mostly at work. ;)
Wow! some kind of work-place!! 8O Nice! :D

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Acyd Burn wrote:

Ah. I assumed that since you we're bug fixing all the time you weren't at work.

Then again, I spent too much time this week looking at the bug tracker. So, at least you were doing something useful at work.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

BondGamer wrote: RC isn't just two letters put together, they stand for Release Candidate. It means the developer has a product they think is perfect (well maybe not perfect) and ready for release. You don't want to treat Release Candidates the same as betas.

You're right, in theory. Reality here is quite different.
The big difference between betas and RCs is that the former are not supported. The "review later" bugs will be fixed for the next release, so we can suppose there will be a RC2; as you know, delivering an RC knowing that there will be another RC defeats the definition of "(Official) Release Candidate".
I think the reasoning behind releasing RC now is this:
1) the software should be stable enough to be used live without causing major havoc (at least, that's what we hope);
2) having more people using it in real environments can help spotting the remaining issues;
last but not least, 3) if we wait any longer we'll have to keep hearing those complaining etc., and worse, if we release another beta we may get our cars burnt, and I still have to finish paying mine, so that's not a big deal.
Therefore, expect a RC2, and maybe even a RC3. (Of course, there's the remote possibility that I might also happen to be somewhat wrong. :mrgreen: )

Ah, an update is in order.
5 new
5 reviewed
2 "fix in progress" (one started Nov 28 the other Mar 29, so not sure what they're going to do with these)
12 total
I dismiss the "review later" ones (49) as they practically don't count now.

marinedalek

Post by marinedalek »

...and in 10 years we should get the Gold version ;)

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I feel we should count the two Fix In Progress that have been there for ages as Review Later. Same goes for two of the Reviewed bugs, #9855 and #9589, since they have both been there over a month.

It would make the counting nicer, since I don't think these will get done before RC1.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Schumi

Post by Schumi »

Lastof wrote: I feel we should count the two Fix In Progress that have been there for ages as Review Later. Same goes for two of the Reviewed bugs, #9855 and #9589, since they have both been there over a month.

I don't think so for #9589. It has severity set to high and Acyd Burn just said this about it today:
"If sharks die, the sea dies" - Andy Cobb, ambassador SHARKPROJECT South Africa