Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
code reader

Re: Bug is less,

Post by code reader »

John Hjorth wrote:It seems that phpBB 3.0 will go Gold with about 150 open tickets in the bug tracker, and about 6,600 tickets closed. That's not many open tickets, and a quite impressive figure for handled tickets since the bug tracker opened i March '07.

- And I hope that this post create several hundreds of notifications to get people to visit area51! :mrgreen:
well, you have to remember that in addition to the 150 "open" reports there are some 470 "closed" reports with a "will not fix" designation.
admittedly, some (maybe more than one half) of these reports should have different designation: many of them were actually fixed after receiving the "will not fix" designation, and many should have been designated "not a bug".
however, i estimate that more than 100 of these "will not fix" reports represent real bugs, as this is just 20%....
(it is also probably true that not all currently "open" tickets represent real bugs)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Well we got a last minute fix in progress :)
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=16259

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Many of the "will not fix" are user perceived errors or what they believe to be usability issues, they are intended to function that way, or its something that does not warrant the time it would take to fix the issue.
There are a lot of reasons they are marked as "will not fix".

However, more encouraging is the number of bugs that have actually been fixed: 2,949 :D

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

Highway of Life wrote:However, more encouraging is the number of bugs that have actually been fixed: 2,949 :D
Windows XP SP3 will contain around one thousand hotfixes, piled up in 3.5 years; how should one interpret this? :P

patpatten

Post by patpatten »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Highway of Life wrote:However, more encouraging is the number of bugs that have actually been fixed: 2,949 :D
Windows XP SP3 will contain around one thousand hotfixes, piled up in 3.5 years; how should one interpret this? :P

You didnt count the Updates you receive once a month for a few years now for Xp from Micro$oft ;)
Star Trek Guide Forums Moderation Team http://www.startrekguide.com/
phpBB3 MODs and Styles Development - Olympus MOD Database - phpBB programming Academy

Stallyon

Post by Stallyon »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
Microslop sux?

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:Windows XP SP3 will contain around one thousand hotfixes, piled up in 3.5 years; how should one interpret this? :P
I would interpret this as:
  • Open-source being more efficient at fixing problems than closed source.
  • Microsoft not caring to fix the brokenness that is Windows.
:P
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

So anybody looking forward to 3.2 :P

naderman
Consultant

Post by naderman »

statm1

Post by statm1 »

I look forward to delaying phpBB 3.2! :twisted: