Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DBM

Re: Bug is less,

Post by DBM »

Some of these alleged "bugs" are trivial nonsense IMO, check out this one:
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... t_id=10319

Does RC1 really need to be delayed because someone wants the ability to auto-parse URLs in a big font?

Jeez. :roll:

Tienchen

Post by Tienchen »

Oh my god, the world will implode in five minutes.

I think the bug quantity says nothing at all about the time when the release of RC could be- there could be 100 (tiny) bugs, and it would be much better than 1 really severe one.

So- to use the words of the game company Billzard- It's done when it's done.
And nearly every project of them got in Guiness book, so why shouldn't be phpBB3 there in it. 8)
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

acyed start less it again :mrgreen:

eeMarko

Post by eeMarko »

I don't think it's a good idea to release RC when there are too many unknown bugs. It will cause too hard time to developers. Just imagine these unsleepy nights they should spend with people crying about their forums being vanished.
I hate people who just can't make a few clicks and spend 5 minutes to do their full backups. :x

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

I think the fact that it's running on phpbb.com and on here as it should do (ie as a forum) that shows there can't be any/many big bugs. Certainly nothing that affects the way it works in day to day activity.

marosell

Post by marosell »

^lol good point. we're using it live aren't we? maybe not anything big, but most of the bugs are little things, typos, semantics, and making things more efficient.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

With bugs flowing in everyday still, and the ones that are real bugs and not duplicates, etc... are slowing, but still not to the rate that it will get to the level ready for RC yet. Them running it on phpbb.com is another issue to you running it live. They are the ones who created the software. If anyone can fix it, it's them.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

no many big bugs

this is the main point :D

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

ac_roma wrote: no many big bugs

this is the main point :D

and i think no big bugs :mrgreen:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

Shadow Reaper wrote: With bugs flowing in everyday still, and the ones that are real bugs and not duplicates, etc... are slowing, but still not to the rate that it will get to the level ready for RC yet. Them running it on phpbb.com is another issue to you running it live. They are the ones who created the software. If anyone can fix it, it's them.

Yeah but my point is that there isn't anything that affects how it runs as a day to day forum. The bugs we're seeing now are styling issues and little fiddly things. The guts of the software seems to work fine. Understandably, they want it as complete as it can be for RC1 as there will then be a bigger audience using it and more is at stake but from my inexperienced eye I think they're doing a great job with the bug levels as they are.