Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
muse-ic

Re: Bug is less,

Post by muse-ic » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:37 pm

this current beta cycle seems to have been going on for aaaages now

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 pm

muse-ic wrote: this current beta cycle seems to have been going on for aaaages now

Yeh this one has been a biggy, but they must have been put back by the whole prosilver thing. But my question is, if they had waited until going gold to unveil prosilver, wouldn't we have about 5 patches already!? At least this way it is well and truly nailed down and bug free (as much as it can be!)
In vino veritas

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:53 pm

muse-ic wrote: this current beta cycle seems to have been going on for aaaages now

well i see and more bug come in and then they get fixed but it seems to be slower now on the fix's.
TimJBart wrote:

Yeh this one has been a biggy, but they must have been put back by the whole prosilver thing. But my question is, if they had waited until going gold to unveil prosilver, wouldn't we have about 5 patches already!? At least this way it is well and truly nailed down and bug free (as much as it can be!)

and yes well that true so prosilver would of had a lot of bugs if it was only come out at gold.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:49 am

bad-dj wrote:

well i see and more bug come in and then they get fixed but it seems to be slower now on the fix's.
TimJBart wrote:

and yes well that true so prosilver would of had a lot of bugs if it was only come out at gold.

Buggy software being release >>>> none at all.

jumborex

Post by jumborex » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 am

TimJBart wrote:

Yeh this one has been a biggy, but they must have been put back by the whole prosilver thing. [...]

This brings me back to a question I made in some parte of this board: why wait so long for issuing the default style?
More: this means that (possibly) every style may be buggy? You know, I was thinking that chosing a style was a mere preference, not that I could have more, unplanned bugs! 8O
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:50 am

jumborex wrote: This brings me back to a question I made in some parte of this board: why wait so long for issuing the default style?

Short story: they released phpbb2 style early in the development phase; other boards basically copied it and published it before phpbb2 was released. So, phpbb2 was "accused" of copying someone else's style.
Long story: search somewhere in the deepnesses of these forums.
More: this means that (possibly) every style may be buggy? You know, I was thinking that chosing a style was a mere preference, not that I could have more, unplanned bugs! 8O

I think it's more a matter of "usability issues" than real bugs.

WhiteWolfSix

Post by WhiteWolfSix » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:52 am

jumborex wrote: why wait so long for issuing the default style?

Because, when RC1 released, it will be available also for new users and it should include no-buggy default style. ;) Correct me, if I am wrong.
WhiteWolfSix (WW6)

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:33 pm

i think now no beta 6 will coming
anyone go to bug tracker and see bugs and Assigned to :mrgreen:

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:54 pm

New Bugs: 43
Reviewed Bugs: 14
Review Later: 21
Awaiting Infomation: 1
Awaiting Team Input: 0
Pending: 0
Fix In Progress: 3

Total Open Tickets: 82

Tickets Assigned:

Acyd Burn: 32
SHS': 15
dhn: 13
naderman: 10
DavidMJ: 6
Vic D'Elfant: 6

Total Un-assigned Bugs: 0

Well something is about to happen anyways, that doesn't normally happen. There are 21 Review later bugs. They must be getting ready for a new stable release :D

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:41 pm

Looks like Meik is planning to keep himself occupied this weekend. :P
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.