Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Highway of Life »

TimJBart wrote:
DanoruX wrote: I wonder if bug will ever go below 25 again :(

I can barely even remember the days...

We are trying to keep the bug count up a bit these days.
As bug reporters (beta testers) it’s our duty.
It’s the devs duty to get them down.

But I don’t want to be scolded again by the developers for not doing enough bug repor... er... testing. :D & ;)

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

And it's because of people like you that will make sure that I'll be all old and grey and wrinkly before RC1 gets released. :P

On a more serious note: the bug count seems to have stagnated around the 70-75 count. Which is better than nothing I guess, at least they're not skyrocketing up...
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

hehehe: :D
But by the time Gold is released, it will be the best darn software on the planet, and completely bug free.
Sure we’ll all be old and gray by then, but meh. :D

Well, we report them about as fast as they are fixing them... and they are keeping a pretty good clip.
Last edited by Highway of Life on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Reaper

Post by Shadow Reaper »

Well Acyd Burn, dhn and SHS' have a few bugs each, so if they all get though them pretty much there would be around 20 bugs left, most of which either will then be solved as they are being left til last, or fixed before then hopefully. Then bring on an error free phpbb3!

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Just got to add that as a MOD author having prosilver in the CVS now allows us to work on that side of our MODs. This will allow a more complete set of MODs as phpBB3 goes RC & gold. So there is an upside to the delay!! :lol:

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Bug is more! :(

79 now.

Although there is a bright side, only 8 of those reports have not been assigned.
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

82 now i think realese is far beta 6 in near :mrgreen:

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Yeah, given that nearly 3 months have passed since the release of B5, and that there are still as many as 82 bug reports, most of which have been assigned and not dismissed outright as non-bugs, releasing B6 seems to be the course to take, not releasing an RC.

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

yeh it would be a bit upsetting.

Though it might be a quick beta to rc cycle. There have been short ones in the past! Here's hoping
In vino veritas

The Grinch

Post by The Grinch »

ac_roma wrote: 82 now i think realese is far beta 6 in near :mrgreen:

I still see a lot of bugs being reported from Beta5. A large chunk of them have probably already been fixed in the CVS a long time ago. A Beta6 might not be such a bad idea.