Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
jumborex

Re: Bug is less,

Post by jumborex »

I don't know if this is the correct topic to ask for this, but I'll try:
I wrote a possible bug, and now it has been returned as support request: what's the meaning of this? Sorry, I'm not english speacking and possibly I do not understand it.
Support request, and not a word as a comment. This means that... What? :roll:
Sorry folks: can somebody explain?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

I think it means that what you suggested was a bug was actually more of a question for help with something that's already built in.
jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

Maybe you could give us a link to your closed report so that we will be able to tell you what was not good with it :)
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

If it's your avatar size 'bug'
http://www.phpbb.com/bugs/phpbb3/ticket ... et_id=9834

It's not a 'bug' because it depends on what you set in the default avatar sizes in phpBB3 before you convert. I suspect it goes as a support request because simply changing the default size before you convert can change the default size of the converted avatars. It's not 'not a bug' because it's something that can be altered. That's my guess anyway.
code reader

Post by code reader »

the "bug" is not the 80px vs. 90px issue.
the "bug" is that in phpbb3, avatar dimensions were added to the db, but the convertor does not bother to determine the correct dimension of existing avatars (i am talking about locally stored and even gallery avatars, not about remote ones), so after phpbb2 => phpbb3 conversion, a lot of avatars come out distorted or stretched, and the users are required to edit their profile and update the avatar dimensions in order to correct the problem.
you can see it in phpbb.com, where (almost all of) the gallery avatars are 64x64 or 70x70, and the conversion have put them all at 90x90, so for all users who chose gallery avatars and did not bother to correct their profiles, the images are "stretched" which creates a rugged/jagged look.
imo, they should have kept the right dimensions for the local and gallery avatars whenever the required graphic library is available.

the report was marked "not a bug" because it's something the developers had consciously decided not to implement, rather than a coding or logic error, but i tend to agree that it should have been documented and brought to the attention of the board operator a little better.
DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

I wonder if bug will ever go below 25 again :(
jumborex

Post by jumborex »

code reader wrote: [...] the report was marked "not a bug" because it's something the developers had consciously decided not to implement, rather than a coding or logic error, but i tend to agree that it should have been documented and brought to the attention of the board operator a little better.

Thanks: now I understand... but I agree with you completely! ;)
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
(Thomas Alva Edison)
TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

DanoruX wrote: I wonder if bug will ever go below 25 again :(

I can barely even remember the days...
In vino veritas
patpatten

Post by patpatten »

My thoughts;

Most of the Bugs that are recently posted concerns the Prosilver style, and not the core phpbb 3 software.

So it is a Prosilver Bugtracker. :lol:

Greets,
Patricia
Live phpBB 3 Beta 5 - Total posts 792 | Total topics 661 | Total members 306 |
ac_roma

Post by ac_roma »

Acyd Burn have more bugs to fix it :D