Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: Bug is less,

Post by EXreaction »

When in doubt report the bug. :)
(thats what I do, if it is not a bug with phpBB3 the devs can just close it)
Kokuei

Post by Kokuei »

So close and yet so far. :| With the next release having a fair chance to be RC1, the numbers of bugreports is currently 116.

I know that "bugs are good" in a way, but right now i wish there were less. ;)
John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

I think the dev. team is just folding the arms on the chest, laying their ears back, and seeing "what comes" right now. Please remember that we have seen days earlier with about thirty bugs squashed ;)
cwbullet

Post by cwbullet »

Highway of Life wrote: Yes, but I ask myself why the heck I waited so long... :roll:

I guess it's just the urge to see them changed, a sort of panic inside that those bugs might make it to RC1 8O

I have been wondering as well. There are one heck of an avalanche of bugs going on.
DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

I bet it'll be well into April when the bug count gets down to we're-about-to-do-the-next-stage levels....
rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Wow - so many bugs (at least compared to what we've seen for the past 8 months)... where to start?
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

well iam seeing 112 Reports thats a lot of bugs lol the next release wil be a bit i can see it lolz
Prince of area51

Post by Prince of area51 »

Well the Devs aint fixing em the way they were fixing em before .. (I'm NOT being a critic) .. an obvious reason to me is as they all know phpBB3 is near, they have to upgrade everything to the new forum system (and that might be the reason bugs are not being fixed on 'teh' top priority basis) .. So they might be in their caves deep down inside their labs upgrading everything and once they've done it .. They'll come out .. fix a mere 100 odd bugs and we've got a RC ;) and if things go according to plan .. a Gold Release and everything gets upgraded and all that hard work faces the light (remember the cave work ;) )

Wow .. reading all this .. cant wait for RC :P
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

cwbullet wrote: I have been wondering as well. There are one heck of an avalanche of bugs going on.
Looking at it now (I've just gone through most of the bug reports), and reading Acyd Burn's post (see Prince of area51 sig), I realize now that this has always been the case... the only difference this time, is the Devs are not actively working on clearing out those bugs... there is normally an equal avalanche of bug fixing going on, but right now it's simply one sided.

I'm assuming that they are either:
  1. Taking a well deserved break
  2. Working on other portions of converting the world to phpBB3 (more likely)
  3. Got tired of phpBB3
    or
  4. Actually went to work a paying job for a few days ;)
Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Have they done the security audit yet? If not, that's another thing they could be busy working on. Anything brought up in that would not show up in the bug tracker, and if I were them I would want to do one before RC1.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"