Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Tienchen

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Tienchen »

Less bug figures in the tracker do not mean that there are less bugs.
The developers/"testers" are testing the hell out of phpBB3 - so many "real" bugs reported by community is making life easier for developers.
So, there will be a earlier RC1 if bug figures are high, so odd it might seem.
Even if there would be no bug in tracker about two months, the developers have to test phpBB3 against possible errors. ;)
I don't like these cold, precise, perfect people, who, in order not to speak wrong, never speak at all, and in order not to do wrong, never do anything. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Die Stifthelden

Ron2K

Post by Ron2K »

Bug is more!

43 bugs in the tracker, and that's just the unreviewed ones. However, all but one of them have been assigned, so as fixes are put in place the bug count should go down (unless the tracker gets flooded again).

Seeing as I was the one who jinxed it, I'll keep quiet next time... ;)
Life's a game. Just very badly programmed.

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

Ron2K wrote: Bug is more!

43 bugs in the tracker, and that's just the unreviewed ones. However, all but one of them have been assigned, so as fixes are put in place the bug count should go down (unless the tracker gets flooded again).

With other Beta releases there were more than 100 bugs, now we got less bugs and i think the most are not so hard to fix. I think after 2 or 3 weeks we got RC1 :oops: So I think we got it 17 february :twisted:

greggish

Post by greggish »

juuldr wrote:
Ron2K wrote: Bug is more!

With other Beta releases there were more than 100 bugs, now we got less bugs and i think the most are not so hard to fix. I think after 2 or 3 weeks we got RC1 :oops: So I think we got it 17 february :twisted:

I'm betting on 2 months of Beta 5 and then RC1 sometime at the end of March.
WAL*BORG - Resistance is futile. You WILL shop here.

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

I guess March too. Beginning or ending, I'll tell at the end of this week. ;)
(Anyway, I'm always wrong.)

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

Nicholas the Italian wrote: I guess March too. Beginning or ending, I'll tell at the end of this week. ;)
(Anyway, I'm always wrong.)

If you are always wrong, say that RC1 won't release this week :lol: And maybe ... :roll:

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Hopefully what will happen is that after this current slew of reports it dies out pretty quick. I noticed today that it dropped from the high 70's to the mid 60's in terms of numbers so hopefully that trend will continue.

I'm getting the feeling the devs are kind of in a "We've been working on this for so long that we just want to get this done" sort of mindset and thus are working overtime so to speak :)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

It's a simple matter of seeing light at the end of the tunnel... and it's not an oncoming train, so you tend to run faster... the end is in sight. :D

Nicholas the Italian

Post by Nicholas the Italian »

juuldr wrote: If you are always wrong, say that RC1 won't release this week :lol: And maybe ... :roll:

But I don't want RC to be out this week... ;)
I'm getting the feeling the devs are kind of in a "We've been working on this for so long that we just want to get this done" sort of mindset and thus are working overtime so to speak

Well, I don't know. They've certainly harvested some a dozen non-bugs, but fixed none so far (only two commits in the last two days).
They're surely(?) doing something, but we don't know what. They might also be taking a week off after beta5 heads-up.
(But, for some reason, I don't believe so :P )

juuldr

Post by juuldr »

Nicholas the Italian wrote:
juuldr wrote: If you are always wrong, say that RC1 won't release this week :lol: And maybe ... :roll:

But I don't want RC to be out this week... ;)

I think phpBB is ready to go RC, so bug searchers now it's now for real and they go to search harder to bugs!