Bug is less,

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bug is less,

Post by Kevin Clark »

Most of the new ones are language typos or rewordings. Some of which look a little picky to me to be honest.

Gumfuzi

Post by Gumfuzi »

muse-ic wrote: i find it interesting that new bugs are still being found, the beta has been around for a while now.

are they being found in the CVS versions or the acutal beta2, does anyone know?

you can see this if you look inside the bug report

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Yes, picky. Beeing picky and having focus on quality are two sides of the same coin. When I posted the first one, I had placed a "(Minor)" to the left in the bug title, which got deleted within a few minutes. I considered that a signal : "Just shoot ! - we want them !" ;) - It won't take SHS`long to almost half the bug tracker for phpBB 3.0 right now.

gchriste

Post by gchriste »

I don't think they are picky at all. They all seem to make sense, and it saves me from having to change them myself. I would rather it go out with good grammar :)

thcat

Post by thcat »

hmm, I dont see the reason of going to beta3 and after that, rc1 and/or/maybe rc2...
bug is already less, mostly visual ones. I think one more pre-release is already enough, and that should be named rc :mrgreen:

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

John Hjorth wrote: Yes, picky. Beeing picky and having focus on quality are two sides of the same coin. When I posted the first one, I had placed a "(Minor)" to the left in the bug title, which got deleted within a few minutes. I considered that a signal : "Just shoot ! - we want them !" ;) - It won't take SHS`long to almost half the bug tracker for phpBB 3.0 right now.

Sorry John, wasn't directly having a go at you there.
Maybe picky was the wrong word. I think some (not necessarily yours) are a case of personal preference on the wording rather than picking up on grammatical or misleading things.

Kevin Clark
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Kevin Clark »

thcat wrote: hmm, I dont see the reason of going to beta3 and after that, rc1 and/or/maybe rc2...
bug is already less, mostly visual ones. I think one more pre-release is already enough, and that should be named rc :mrgreen:

But you don't know if fixing one bug has caused another one. That's why beta3 makes sense.

bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

true but there not a ot of bugs reports been posted so i hope phpbb3 beta 3 will be out soon.

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth »

Kevin,

No offense taken :) - Actually I think it's the word that hits the spot, when it's about working on language packages.

- - -

Have you noticed that the increase in the total number of codelines has stopped (I think about two weeks ago or so), ref. CVS statistics ? I speculate that we are about to have a complete Olympus in the CVS now :P - Also supposing that the dev. team members are testing themselves blue in head at the moment ...

As I see it, thare no "nasty one's" in the Bug tracker any longer.

DanoruX

Post by DanoruX »

thcat wrote: hmm, I dont see the reason of going to beta3 and after that, rc1 and/or/maybe rc2...
We need beta 3 to test UTF-8...