My theory on Olympus...

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
harmlessgoat22

My theory on Olympus...

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

Yes, I created this theory, and posted it on Uncyclopedia, under the topic "Spambot"... (only I modified it here to add a little more)
harmlessgoat22 wrote: Bertie Bears are a higher evolved species, and their only fear is the almighty Spam, who dwells deep inside the largest mountain/volcano in the Solar System. He came to Earth in human form to star in many movies, which make many people happy. Later, he decides he likes it, and he sends the phpBB group to protect the mountain while he is gone. The phpBB group takes it a step further by developing a form of interplanetary communication, a Machine at the top of the Mountain called phpBB 3, codenamed Olympus, named in honer of the mountain they protect. But, before they get a chance to finish the machine, the mountain Olympus erupts, thus killing most of the phpBB group, leaving phpBB 3 in Beta testing forever! The only thing that can draw phpBB3 out of Beta and into RC is the return of Meik, the leader of the phpBB group, who fled the planet to save himself. But first, Meik decides to take control of Olympus by defeating it's ruler. He returns to the bottom of the Volcano, and he enlists the help of the Bertie Bears, who made shelters at the bottom of the mountain for their own safety. The Bertie Bears help Meik, also known as Acyd Burn, named that because he survived the errupting of Olympus, that had tons of Acyd because of the toxic waste in the atmosphere of Mars, thus recieving major burns and scars. For this reason, Bertie Bears thought of him as a Demi God, and joined to help him reach full power.

Together, they attacked Spambot's Sleeping Trailer and they nearly killed Spam, but he managed to flea to his changing room before he was killed. Because he was broken in many pieces, his Makeup artist scooped him up and put him in a machine, making Spam more bot than spam. He then took on the name "Spambot" as he was part Bot. Severely injured, Spambot could not stop the demi god Acyd Burn from taking control of Olympus. To hide the mountain from Spambot he enlisted the help of another god, subBlue, the god who had created the outer coating of Olympus, to create the subSilver style, thus making the Mountain unrecognizable. Acyd Burn used his godly powers to revive the fallen phpBB developers to help him finish the Machine, phpBB3. Unfortunatly, after all that work, Acyd Burn needed a godly vacation, and he decided to invite the other developers so they can relax after being dead for 6 monthes. They decide they like the vacation, and "develop" an awesome tan. They go off and make new friends, and forget about Olympus and the phpBB3 project. All except Acyd Burn, who returns, to fix up the bugs in the machine slowly, which had suffered great damages during the eruption. He tries to communicate with other people on different planets using phpBB3, using a copy of it called "area 51". But, to his dismay, as phpBB3 still has bugs, not all messages can be transfered to each other. He communicates the plans on how to create the machine, and some brave souls test it out to find the bugs.

Acyd Burn is not sure whether he will ever get the rest of the phpBB group back to help him, but he tries very hard. They all have married and have children by now, as the project has taken years due to the damages from the eruption. They try and visit as much as they can, but they can only do it about once every one or two monthes, when they squeeze out another Beta version of phpBB3.
Acyd Burn plans to reviel the original look of Olympus once phpBB3 is final, because then he can use the communications device to hack into Spambot's machine, and take him over, thus making it no matter if Spambot knows where the mountain is.

And that's my theory
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

warmweer

Re: My theory on Olympus...

Post by warmweer »

Well, err...

Fun reading it, but you could at least have overheated a spelling check on it, expanded a subplot here and there, included some form of time relativity, and it lacks a bit of psychohistory?

Nevertheless, entertaining and would fit nicely in Chit Chat.

edit: the Acyd Burn part is hilarious :lol:
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

Great story, I'm honored. :)

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

I think someone has a little bit too much time on their hands..

textilebbs

Post by textilebbs »

harmlessgoat22 wrote: Yes, I created this theory, and posted it on Uncyclopedia, under the topic "Spambot"... (only I modified it here to add a little more)
harmlessgoat22 wrote: Bertie Bears are a higher evolved species, and their only fear is the almighty Spam, who dwells deep inside the largest mountain/volcano in the Solar System. He came to Earth in human form to star in many movies, which make many people happy. Later, he decides he likes it, and he sends the phpBB group to protect the mountain while he is gone. The phpBB group takes it a step further by developing a form of interplanetary communication, a Machine at the top of the Mountain called phpBB 3, codenamed Olympus, named in honer of the mountain they protect. But, before they get a chance to finish the machine, the mountain Olympus erupts, thus killing most of the phpBB group, leaving phpBB 3 in Beta testing forever! The only thing that can draw phpBB3 out of Beta and into RC is the return of Meik, the leader of the phpBB group, who fled the planet to save himself. But first, Meik decides to take control of Olympus by defeating it's ruler. He returns to the bottom of the Volcano, and he enlists the help of the Bertie Bears, who made shelters at the bottom of the mountain for their own safety. The Bertie Bears help Meik, also known as Acyd Burn, named that because he survived the errupting of Olympus, that had tons of Acyd because of the toxic waste in the atmosphere of Mars, thus recieving major burns and scars. For this reason, Bertie Bears thought of him as a Demi God, and joined to help him reach full power.

Together, they attacked Spambot's Sleeping Trailer and they nearly killed Spam, but he managed to flea to his changing room before he was killed. Because he was broken in many pieces, his Makeup artist scooped him up and put him in a machine, making Spam more bot than spam. He then took on the name "Spambot" as he was part Bot. Severely injured, Spambot could not stop the demi god Acyd Burn from taking control of Olympus. To hide the mountain from Spambot he enlisted the help of another god, subBlue, the god who had created the outer coating of Olympus, to create the subSilver style, thus making the Mountain unrecognizable. Acyd Burn used his godly powers to revive the fallen phpBB developers to help him finish the Machine, phpBB3. Unfortunatly, after all that work, Acyd Burn needed a godly vacation, and he decided to invite the other developers so they can relax after being dead for 6 monthes. They decide they like the vacation, and "develop" an awesome tan. They go off and make new friends, and forget about Olympus and the phpBB3 project. All except Acyd Burn, who returns, to fix up the bugs in the machine slowly, which had suffered great damages during the eruption. He tries to communicate with other people on different planets using phpBB3, using a copy of it called "area 51". But, to his dismay, as phpBB3 still has bugs, not all messages can be transfered to each other. He communicates the plans on how to create the machine, and some brave souls test it out to find the bugs.

Acyd Burn is not sure whether he will ever get the rest of the phpBB group back to help him, but he tries very hard. They all have married and have children by now, as the project has taken years due to the damages from the eruption. They try and visit as much as they can, but they can only do it about once every one or two monthes, when they squeeze out another Beta version of phpBB3.
Acyd Burn plans to reviel the original look of Olympus once phpBB3 is final, because then he can use the communications device to hack into Spambot's machine, and take him over, thus making it no matter if Spambot knows where the mountain is.

And that's my theory

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

textilebbs wrote:
harmlessgoat22 wrote: Yes, I created this theory, and posted it on Uncyclopedia, under the topic "Spambot"... (only I modified it here to add a little more)

And that's my theory

Well, um, texttilebbs, I'm honered that you took the time to press the "quote" button, but couldn't you have actually typed something? That would have been very helpful for when I create the sequel: "Olympus Goes Gold:The Return of Spambot" where Spambot finally finds Olympus, now that the Gold style is revealed, which is the only one he had seen before.

OFFTOPIC: You know what would be funny? If since the current style for phpBB3 is subSilver, the final style would be subGold because it's the "gold" release of phpBB3.

Sorry Spambot, it wouldn't have been a good story without you dying in the end. Afterall, you are the evil spambot.
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal
Many Modules including Login, Welcome, Search, Top Posters, Online Now, Menu, Offsite Links, and more

textilebbs

Post by textilebbs »

harmlessgoat22 wrote:
textilebbs wrote:

And that's my theory

Well, um, texttilebbs, I'm honered that you took the time to press the "quote" button, but couldn't you have actually typed something? That would have been very helpful for when I create the sequel: "Olympus Goes Gold:The Return of Spambot" where Spambot finally finds Olympus, now that the Gold style is revealed, which is the only one he had seen before.

OFFTOPIC: You know what would be funny? If since the current style for phpBB3 is subSilver, the final style would be subGold because it's the "gold" release of phpBB3.

Sorry Spambot, it wouldn't have been a good story without you dying in the end. Afterall, you are the evil spambot.

the final style would be subGold really?

aquarelle

Post by aquarelle »

I hear Burl Ives singing.
~aquarelle

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

harmlessgoat22 wrote: Sorry Spambot, it wouldn't have been a good story without you dying in the end.

That's fine, bad guys have a way of returning from the death. :mrgreen:

harmlessgoat22

Post by harmlessgoat22 »

No, it won't be subGold, or it probably won't be, but I said it would be funny if it WAS named that.
alphaPORTAL
phpBB3 Integration MOD:
Create Pages in phpBB3
Portal