Upgrade for MODs?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
manoj

Upgrade for MODs?

Post by manoj »

I'm just wondering , what is the probability of these MODs being converted for phpBB3??
1. Activity MOD by Austin
2. ezPortal by Smartor (I know this will be converted)
3. Advanced Dungeons & Rabbits RPG (ADR RPG MOD)
4. Xtreme Styles MOD (will Olympus even require this)
5. MorpheusX template (but I've heard the new Olympus template will be better than this)
6. Guest Sessions MOD
7. Cash MOD
8. Troll MOD + Miserable User MOD
9. Users Online Today (Does Olympus even need this?)

Again, I'm just wondering, if I am breaking some rule, I'm sorry.
Thanks,
Manoj
niksa

Re: Upgrade for MODs?

Post by niksa »

Hi Manoj! :mrgreen:
manoj wrote: I'm just wondering , what is the probability of these MODs being converted for phpBB3??

Your best bet is to ask the authors personally. Most of them will tell you if their mods are going to be upgraded, or if their mods are no longer needed with phpbb3. I know some of those mods will most likely be replaced by features in phpbb3, but it's probably best to hear it officially from the authors. ;)
manoj

Post by manoj »

I just checked on the activity mod plus and adr mod forums, austin is probably not going to upgrade activity mod...this makes me very mad as i really need to upgrade to 3.0 when it comes out but i cant :evil:
and maybe the adr mod wont be converted either, austin's part of that team too :evil:
well anyways i'm not complaining or anything but thats all i've got to say...
niksa

Post by niksa »

If Austin officially drops those two mods for version 3 of phpbb, then I bet someone else will pick them up. They were VERY popular. But it might take some time.
danielles

Post by danielles »

I do know that: Activity / Arcade Mod 2.1.2 is being worked on for phpbb3.
manoj

Post by manoj »

If it is, I hope that there will be a conversion from the activity mod plus that I am using to it