Some things missing on Area51

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Some things missing on Area51

Post by Highway of Life »

Hey SHS`, Graham, dhn... or any of the website team members.

There seem to be some things missing for the area51 forums.
For instance, it no longer permits use of the search functions (i.e. View new posts, Search, View Active Topics etc) for Registered Users.
Just wanted to check and see if that is indeed what you intended for the Registered Users group permissions settings.

- Highway 8)

d4rkst4r123

Re: Some things missing on Area51

Post by d4rkst4r123 »

I also noticed that you cant click on a member's name to view thier profile.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

That has never been the case (in viewtopic).

dhn

Post by dhn »

As you surely noticed in one of the recent CVS checkins, an ugly bug in search was fixed. As area51 is not yet up to date, search was disabled for now. ;)

Highway of Life

Ah!

So you guys don't like us anymore. :cry:

Hehe... just kidding. ;)
Thanks for the update!

And I'll take (yet another) opportunity to say what a Great job all of you are doing... too many to mention by name, but we are especially appreciative of the Development team, Meik, Super-Secret-Tom, Nils, Graham, David, and of course the rest of the gang.
Big THANKS!. :D

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

Highway of Life wrote: And I'll take (yet another) opportunity to say what a Great job all of you are doing... too many to mention by name, but we are especially appreciative of the Development team, Meik, Super-Secret-Tom, Nils, Graham, David, and of course the rest of the gang.
Big THANKS!. :D

I second that! :D

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

seeing as this has already drifted off the intended topic, let me expand some more. I've noticed here on Area51 that for normal registered users--like me--there is an option to lock my own threads.

For example, if I create a topic, and then for whatever reason, I wish to lock it; on Area51, I can do it myself, even though I'm not a moderator. I was trying to dusplicate this setting locally on Beta2, but on Moderator Permissions for Registered Users (the Group), all I see is "Can lock topics" which doesn't sound right...

May I ask how that is made possible?

Highway of Life

Permission settings....

check it out on your ACP > Permissions
It's settings per group - per forum.

Anyways, since the issue was resolved (search is working again), we are getting off topic, and I'm really aching to test the feature (as a normal user and not an Admin)... hmm... wonders if I could un-lock my own topic.