Re

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Virmap

Re

Post by Virmap » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:07 pm

Hy ... I don`t know if i posted this topic in the right section but i have a question : When i acces my ACP of Phpbb 3 Forum i get a WARNING like this : "The DEBUG_EXTRA constant is defined which is only meant for development purposes by the developers.
The board is running additional code to display sql reports, which slows down the board in a significant manner. Additionally sql errors are always displayed with a full backtrace to all users instead of displaying it solely to administrators, which is the default setting.

With this said, please be aware that you are currently running your installation in Debug Mode and should you take this board live, please remove the constant from the config file.

"
It doesn`t make any error to my forum but I want to know if I`m gonna have problems with my forum ! Can anybody tell me pls ?

SamG

Re: Re

Post by SamG » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:23 pm

That's an important warning about using debug mode in a live environment. It can be ignored so long as the foum isn't live (which at this point it should not be).
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:41 pm

It's pretty much self explanetory, Virmap.

It's in Debug Mode, and gives you instructions on how to turn it off...
but why would you need to turn it off, it's for testing purposes.

Maybe for RC2 you could turn it off.

Also, an actual topic title would have been nice.
Thanks.

Virmap

Post by Virmap » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:59 am

And it must be turned off ?

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:12 am

You should leave it on since you're just testing the board and not using it live.

Virmap

Post by Virmap » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:40 am

But I`m using my forum ... It is for a TCG Guild ... And I have another question : I have a user which sayd that he is registered on my forum but when I open the Index Page , at Total Members is just me ... Total Members : 1 ... Which is me ... is an error or what should I do ?

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:44 am

If you're using it live, you're on your own (no support). If you think you found a bug, post it in the bug tracker.

Waleed

Post by Waleed » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:57 pm

Virmap wrote: But I`m using my forum ... It is for a TCG Guild ... And I have another question : I have a user which sayd that he is registered on my forum but when I open the Index Page , at Total Members is just me ... Total Members : 1 ... Which is me ... is an error or what should I do ?

If that member hasn't activated his/her account, he/she won't appear as a member.

Virmap

Post by Virmap » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:48 pm

That`s true , but i turned off the activation function . It is set on None ! And he said that when he acces the forum he is loged in !

SamG

Post by SamG » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Honestly, if you're using Olympus live, you really are on your own. No support is available for beta releases used in a live environment. That's how strongly the developers feel about discouraging its live use prior to the release candidates.
"I hate trolls!" - Willow Ufgood