Community moderation

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
DigitalShadow

Re: Community moderation

Post by DigitalShadow »

True, but nothing is 100% sure. Either you trust your mods or you don't. There will always be at least one user who complains about something being unfair etc. pp. Every karma solution has its pros and cons. I think the real task will be to find the solution with the least cons!
((perfect timing-_-, i wasnt able to log in this weekend cuz Dad thinks this site is bad and that your all the spawn of Satan....hmm go figure^_^))

soundboy

Post by soundboy »

Agree, but that's why the limit should be set high, that way the odd user that doesn't agree with something while the rest do, won't make much of a difference. Power would be in the numbers. About trusting the mods, you're right. I do trust mine. :)

d4rkst4r123

Post by d4rkst4r123 »

People shouldnt be mods unless their trusted by everyone.

Lieutenant Clone

Post by Lieutenant Clone »

d4rkst4r123 wrote: People shouldnt be mods unless their trusted by everyone.

Like that will ever happen. :P
Dennis Robinson

d4rkst4r123

Post by d4rkst4r123 »

lol

martine

Post by martine »

Highway, you say you visit a site where the kharma/community moderation system seems to be working? What is that site? I have been searching high and low for the right software for my site (a community of teenage girls, some of which can be extremely catty.)

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Hi martine,

I was out of town for a few days, so I did not see your post.
I sent you the link to that site.

Keep in mind that it's a vB site, so THAT karma system plugin will only work on vB boards.
There is no equal system yet for any phpBB version.

That is why I was giving as many details as possible... in hopes that the coders who are developing the karma could code it in the way that the vB works, everyone likes it, but so far everything that the MODers for phpBB have come up with has fallen flat.

Case

Post by Case »

I use this on my board...

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=368075" target="_blank

Still in development but works just fine for me. Unless there's a difference between karma and reputation?

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

Case wrote: I use this on my board...

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=368075" target="_blank

Still in development but works just fine for me. Unless there's a difference between karma and reputation?

Hmmm i think we talking here about phpBB Olympus and not phpBB2.0.x as this mod is for.
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Case

Post by Case »

Yea, fair enough. My reply was more in response to Highways comment "There is no equal system yet for any phpBB version"

:)