Why Cant We Say What We Want?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
sev1207

Why Cant We Say What We Want?

Post by sev1207 »

Wouldnt is be nice just to have atleast 1 simple small forum that allowed everyone to submit atleast 1 idea for the next PHPBB? :?

arghhh!!!

Lastof

Re: Why Cant We Say What We Want?

Post by Lastof »

When they are open for suggestions, there is a place to do it. There has been previously, and there will be in the future.

Right now is not the right time for such a section, since as much effort and attention as possible needs to be focused on the feature frozen Olympus. Both by the dev, and the community (who can find bugs, and comment on how they think current features can be made more friendly, and better looking).
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

dhn

Post by dhn »

sev1207 wrote: Wouldnt is be nice just to have atleast 1 simple small forum that allowed everyone to submit atleast 1 idea for the next PHPBB? :?

You are three to four years to late. ;) There actually was a feature tracker that everyone - I repeat - everyone was able to submit ideas to. This is where the developers picked what will go into 3.0. The tracker was reopened for a while with little to no new ideas.

morbidpaloza

Post by morbidpaloza »

dhn wrote:
sev1207 wrote: Wouldnt is be nice just to have atleast 1 simple small forum that allowed everyone to submit atleast 1 idea for the next PHPBB? :?

You are three to four years to late. ;) There actually was a feature tracker that everyone - I repeat - everyone was able to submit ideas to. This is where the developers picked what will go into 3.0. The tracker was reopened for a while with little to no new ideas.

True BUT by seeing the beta it gives people tonz of new ideas for features

My Skined phpBB3 TEST board!

Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

morbidpalooza.com wrote:
dhn wrote:

True BUT by seeing the beta it gives people tonz of new ideas for features

Ideas will come and go. You always get ideas from things that are new.
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

morbidpaloza wrote: True BUT by seeing the beta it gives people tonz of new ideas for features

But if those features were added, there'd have to be more and more betas, and phpBB3 would never be finished.

Drexion

Post by Drexion »

morbidpaloza wrote: True BUT by seeing the beta it gives people tonz of new ideas for features
They can add their requests for those new ideas when the feature request tracker is re-opened for 3.2 (or 3.4, as 3.2's feature list is already mostly set).

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I think they should open it for 3.2, even if they don't plan on using any of the ideas in 3.2, just to keep people from complaining that they didn't open it.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

sev1207

Post by sev1207 »

Thanks for the responses. Good points were added and appriciated.

However, I do think it would still be nice to have one forum where some people can just post some ideas -- maybe then modders or official staff can take a look sometime and find some threads that are worthy the cause and make it possible.

I just need to get that itch scratched :(

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

forums to moderate++ === Developers time--

Just a simple analogy